Let's get a Maine/Mass/RI/CT ride going

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
It seems that this spring & summer several people have tried to get a ride going, but not much luck.
Perhaps it is because thier are so many other things to do in this great weather.
The good weather will be slipping away before you know it. So if anyone is still interested please reply.

Russell

Attachments

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
Saturday August 14th, I will have a grill and some space and some nice back roads for cruising around, and even a cold brook to go swimming in, it is about ten minutes off exit 8 of interstate 91 in VT (though it will be in New Hampshire, so we don't have to worry about the law getting after us. PM for directions, it will be kid friendly, and not very organized, plenty of space and a grill and some shade is all I can promise, I may have some meat and non alcoholic beverages, but bring your own just to be safe.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
oh man aug 14th huh? that stinks i will just be coming home from the pa rally and might not have the energy we shall see

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Naw, not going near PA. But the 15th is on. Same place. Would like to get all the New England folks to meet every Sunday during the summer. Each week in another state or town. LOL, I been saying that for years.

Side note, that park we rode to with the pier. found a ramp over the bridge to the other side of the CT river. Very cool and looking forward to showing folks.

Brent436

Feb 14, 2010
Massachusetts
I think it would be great to get a New England Ride together! I know im up for it and a buddy of mine would definitely be up for it. and his friend is even getting an MB now so maybe he'd be interested too.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Meeting up at the DMV motorcycle testing area. Their parking lot ends on a park grounds so has picnic tables and a great view over looking the cove. (an inlet off the CT river) DMV: Wethersfield Office Link has address. Gonna meet up between 11 and noon. I found some great ride routes to 3 parks all close by.

Looking forward to seeing ya!

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
not going near pa? what happened now? well I will try n make it for that ride just gimme the addy to the registry and if the wife has fun this wknd i'm sure she will wanna go the 15th

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Hey Dan I might be finished with my bike then, its also the last day of My vacation , what are the CT motorbike laws? Def going to the show on the 8th , bringing the Misses to look for parts for her bike.
Cheers

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Cool Taco & CM. The CT laws are as long as engine is under 5 brake HP and a seat height of more the 26 inches and your golden. There is a link in my signature.

"Motor Driven Cycles: If you have a motor scooter, moped or motorbike having a motor that produces 5 brake horsepower or less (or 3.7 kW or less) and a seat height of at least 26 inches, you may operate it on the roadway without registering it. However, you must have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license to operate it, and you may not operate it on any sidewalk, limited access highway or turnpike. If the maximum speed of your cycle is less than the speed limit of the road that you are on, you must operate in the right hand lane available for traffic or upon a usable shoulder on the right side of the road unless you are making a left turn. As of October 1, 2008, these vehicles are referred to as “motor driven cycles.”

Pretty cool, eh?

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
I will try to get there, but because I am not the planning type (my wife is) I am not gonna commit just yet...

TRAX

Nov 4, 2008
CT
The wife and I will be there around noon. I wanted to go to PA but will be away till late on the 14th so I'm glad your having this ride. It was lots of fun last time, this is a nice location and Dan had some nice rides mapped out. if you can in any way make you should not let the opportunity pass. If you have never been to a meet up its so cool to meet talk and check out the other rides in person. and nothing beats being part of a whole gaggle of MB's roaring down the road. I had hoped to organize one (might still) but have been so busy that the summer is just flying by. look forward to seeing/Riding with you all.

TRAX

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Doesn't look like Ill be going.. My engine kit wont be here til the 17th ...figures I've been on vacation since the 3rd and My kit will get here the day I go back to work...:-||