East Coast Race and Ride

GoldenMotor.com

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
I just found out today that it may be possible to rent the local race track fairly cheaply for a day, and given the almost non existent NH motor bike laws I was wondering what kind of interest there might be in a late summer event of some sort. The race track is on a back road that you could start a nice cruise from, and the local ATV trail is pretty well maintained and would offer some nice riding as well. And it is about 10 minutes off of I-91. So put up a post if interested. If there is enough of us I will start putting it together.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
I am thinking we could do some racing with a little organization we could give out some prize money, I mean if we had a minimal entry fee and enough racers make a day of it. Heck get the word out we could even get some spectators. It would be good for some laughs, and all those on here who talk of 30+ mph would be welcome to dust me and my fat arse. And I would do it all just so my wife could see I am not the only happy fool that cruises around on a MB.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
New Hamster?

Dang - that's a whole LOT closer to me than most events, I'll defo be keepin' an eye on this & hope I can figure a way there (^)

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
Doesn't look like I can get the track, but we could still plan some sort of rally, plenty of decent riding around here, how does a Saturday in august sound? If we do it the 14th I can probably use the left overs from my family reunion on the 7th to cut down on the cost of food. So how about it, August 14th sound good? It won't be anything special a barbeque and a ride, I'll convince my dad to leave all the stuff up from the reunion so we would have swimming and horseshoes and stuff at the barbeque so kids and significant others that may not have bikes would be well entertained while we are off riding. He might even let you camp on site but I don't want to promise that yet. So how does it sound? I"ll firm it all up this week if the 14th works for everybody.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
Saturday August 14th, I will have a grill and some space and some nice back roads for cruising around, and even a cold brook to go swimming in, it is about ten minutes off exit 8 of interstate 91 in VT (though it will be in New Hampshire, so we don't have to worry about the law getting after us. PM for directions, it will be kid friendly, and not very organized, plenty of space and a grill and some shade is all I can promise, I may have some meat and non alcoholic beverages, but bring your own just to be safe.