To all occ chopper owners

GoldenMotor.com

cbabb

Apr 7, 2010
Zephyrhills
Okay this is what i got. I'm putting a jack shaft on it, i already put a ten tooth sprocket on the jack shaft from the shaft to the motor. How man teeth should be on the sprocket next to it. I'm not running the the chain to the free wheel side. I'm just doing it to move the chain over how ever far it has to go to get past the wheel. And i figured i could gear it up from the shaft. Well that's what i got could someone help. Thanks

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
you asked what speed people got with a 44T. However you did not say what top end that you are looking for? To answer the question you last asked, another 10T would keep your ratio stock.
The drive would be more efficient if you just move the engine over3/4 to 7/8'(no jackshaft losses).

However if you are going to do the jackshaft, seems like multi speed is the way to go.

Single speed and multi speed pics.

Last edited:

cbabb

Apr 7, 2010
Zephyrhills
Sorry i want to achieve at least 30. The motor mount i made i cant really adjust and I'm so tired of custom making things i just want a simple fix.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
12T to 14t

You should be able to reach 30 with 10T but motor will be winding out.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Sorry i want to achieve at least 30. The motor mount i made i cant really adjust and I'm so tired of custom making things i just want a simple fix.
well, if you want it to work right either b prepared to fork over the dough, or work on that laziness while jammin to the Stones singin' "you cant always get what you want...."
...I personally LOVE the satisfaction from buildin stuff myself!

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
Okay this is what i got. I'm putting a jack shaft on it, i already put a ten tooth sprocket on the jack shaft from the shaft to the motor. How man teeth should be on the sprocket next to it. I'm not running the the chain to the free wheel side. I'm just doing it to move the chain over how ever far it has to go to get past the wheel. And i figured i could gear it up from the shaft. Well that's what i got could someone help. Thanks
when i did my occ i got good results with the 10t from motor to a 10t on j shaft and a 12t to a 44t