Venice Chopper Project...

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's a Chopper bike that I have in the works...

I custom built a double wide rear wheel with one tire covering them... (Yes, I did it all myself!) ;)

Below is a double bar top tube.

Last edited:

ChuCheen

Feb 27, 2010
Los Angeles
thats pretty unique! double rim? never heard or seen it. anyways i might come by tomorrow. cant wait to see it!

- IGOR! lol

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Hey Norm,

That frame was a score and the paint in person is un-real in the sun. The front end is perfect for that bike. Needs a big 4 stroke, it’s got the room.

Hey if you built that sooner with a built in tank you and Jen could have rode that to Vegas this weekend, that area for a tank is huge. LOL

I admire your visions…keep up the good work….Bro

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
With two tubes it's almost a run-flat tire!

One question, are the rims actually connected or are the spokes holding them together?

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
That frame is just Sick. Is it production or custom or what? It looks like a cross between a Warrior and a Royal. Where can I get one?

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
With two tubes it's almost a run-flat tire!

One question, are the rims actually connected or are the spokes holding them together?
Both!! The spokes are cross laced to pull the rims together, & the rims are welded together!! ;)

That frame is just Sick. Is it production or custom or what? It looks like a cross between a Warrior and a Royal. Where can I get one?
It's a custom frame, I don't know who made it? It was sitting in the back of my friends shop covered in rust for a long time; then it sat in my garage for a long time until I finally got it powder coated. (It was nick-named 'Tow Mater'!!!) laff

Here's more pics... Now I can ride it!
& if anyone cares... I used the left over parts from a Felt - El Guapo Lowrider.

Last edited:

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
Fantastic work Venice! you have amazing skill! very innovative idea you got there with the dual rim! was it that hard to draw the spokes tight! and still be true? anyway good job!

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Fantastic work Venice! you have amazing skill! very innovative idea you got there with the dual rim! was it that hard to draw the spokes tight! and still be true? anyway good job!
Actually, I tack welded the wheels first, then laced them. It was impossible to true them!!! Then I figured out that the wheels weren't perfectly straight with each other... :rolleyes:
Then I cut the welds with the wheels still laced & when the last weld was cut, the wheels 'popped' into alignment & were almost perfectly true!!! (Then it was just a little fine tuning.) (^)

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
venice!!, brother!!!, that is BAD ASS!!!. THE FRAME IS BAD TO THE BONE!!, love the end caps on the forks, and the rear wheel is a kustom works all by itself, definetly unique, and totaly kustom. im lovin it. definetly how a bicycle should look. i wish more people would take the time and a few more dollars to build bikes that look like these. another build that has me all excited and getting the adrenaline flowin -lol. rock on brother!!!.......

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
My hat is off to you! That is one sick bike! I have never seen a double rim wheel like that and I can appreciate all the work you put into creating it. The frame is....WOW!
I can't wait to see the rest of the build pics!

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Who ever bought it sure is lucky!!! Very cool!!! But he can't tell eveyone who stops to ask questions about it, "Yea I built That!" But he can say its a one off custom from Venice! Great work Norm.