Rear mount spacer, what does it do?

GoldenMotor.com

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
Well I mean I know what it does, but why isn't it just part of the motor to begin with?

Reason I ask is I've got someone making one now. Stripped out one of the rear mounting holes to the point where it isn't even salvage-able. There's actually a pin hole now going into the crankcase. So I gave it to someone to weld up, then get a spacer made & welded straight to the motor with the holes in the spacer tapped for studs. Question is is why doesn't it just come like that already? Is it just a cheap-o thing they do or is there a structural reason for it?

EDIT: Oh, the spacer is going to be like solid metal, not a hollow thing that comes with it, and is going to be able to split into 2 pieces in order to maintain the fact that the crankcase can be opened. I believe there's going to be a screw through it to help hold it together.

Last edited:

Scooterpimp

Jul 14, 2010
Delaware???
Its A Cheapo thing... If these kits were Quality Made , They Would Cost Aound $500.00+ & wouldnt sell many of them. If your not a machinist/fabricator from the start , you will be after dealing with these puppies.

Last edited: