Roadie Build

GoldenMotor.com

metalmanipulator

May 16, 2010
orlando, fl.
Hey out there. I just finished putting together an Electra Townie bike with a Skyhawk 66/80cc engine kit.I had a couple of problems and it took 3 days to complete. Because of the frames geomerty I had to fabricate engine mounts, using the bikes already threaded holes where the drink holder was supposed to go. The engine had to be offset 3/16" so the drive chain wouldn't rub the Maxxis oversized tires. The last thing to accomplish was cutting up the stock exhaust and using tubing from a grocery cart to make it fit the frame, and look good too. I have pictures and a video, but I can't figure out how to transfer them to this message.

ThatPerson

May 11, 2009
Southport, NC
I have a Townie as well, and I must say it is a very comfy ride. I have thought about installing a 2 stroke in it, but have decided to go anther route. I will be picking up a GEBE. Having a 4 stroke and not having to put up with the chain tensioner sounds like heaven! LOL

I look forward to seeing your build. Here is a pic of my bike. I have yet to order the GEBE kit, but I will have it soon.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
MM-

Click "reply" then scroll down and click "manage attachments", click "browse" and upload your photo.....super simple.

ThatPerson

May 11, 2009
Southport, NC
WOW! Now that is an orange bike! Looks really good. What motor and trans is that? Also, what frame is that? I wouldn't mind getting one like that.

I see you have your motor chain running to your peddle crank. Are both sprockets on one way bearings, or do you plan on peddling really, really fast? Looking forward to finished photos.

Last edited:

metalmanipulator

May 16, 2010
orlando, fl.
These pics are of a Huffy 24" beach cruiser I paid 15.00 for at the flee market. Also I bougt the 49cc moped engine at different flee market for 15.00. The transmission is off a goped a freind gave to me. The curved tube from the goose neck down was cut in half and weld back on 180 as were the lower half of the rear forks, cut and flipped. Motor mount installed, the frame was primed white. Then sprayed witn Krylon yellow-orange flouresant safty paint. After 24hr. dry time it was hit again with Rust-oleum clear specialty lacquer. I started making a fuel tank, but choose to thin a guage material. Weed-eater tank is temporary. I thought I will try to see if I can find a miniture version of an old steel beer keg to use instead.

metalmanipulator

May 16, 2010
orlando, fl.
The engine run the correct way to run the crank the right way to turn the rear tire. The pedel post will be cut off, and possibly attach old mountian bike handle bars for foot rest underneath. Or maybe something like motorcycle pegs. Who knows?