clutch problems.

GoldenMotor.com

adam scott

Mar 18, 2010
Gainesville, FL
Hello all, i awoke this morning to find a puddle of fuel under my bike. turns out the fuel line had come off at filter. i fixed that and got everything cleaned up. i tried to start it up but now the clutch does not seem to disengage fully when i pull the lever. i removed the cover and some of the leaked fuel poured out of the clutch housing. i adjusted the clutch plate all the way out and it still feels like its 1/2 engaged. not enough to catch and turn the engine but not enough to spin freely. if anyone has any thoughts on this it would be super appreciated. BTW i am running a 66cc kit from BGF on a n old jamis earth cruiser with a 36t sprocket, ngkb5hs spark, on a 32:1 ratio two weeks past break in.:-||

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
you will need to clean the clutch pads clean them off with brake clean to get any oil off as best you can. The pads might of swelled up with the fuel and oil getting to them. Clean off the cluth disc as well the clutch disc under the pad slots is the tough one to clean. Brake clean and paper towels will get it pretty good with some elbow grease( that lots of hand work) and not real grease.
Once they are dried out by letting them bask in the sunshine reinstall and you will need to readjust the clutch then you should be good to go.
use hose clamps or safety wire to clamp the fuel line fittings. I prefer the safety wire instead of the hose clamps myself.

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
i agree with norm...hey ive had good luck wth small cable ties myself....just like the wire norms talking about its small enough to fit inside the texture of the hose fitting....by the way my dailly rider likes to leak at the crank seal....i left the gasket out when i had to adjust the clutch....at least it leaks the lubracant out instead of lubing the clutch....ill get around to fixing this one of these days

adam scott

Mar 18, 2010
Gainesville, FL
thanks a lot Norman, that did the trick. now shes back on the road with everything tightened down. i hope this thread helps others with this issue.

thanks again. Adam S.cvlt1