Venice- Rat Fink Chopper!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's a bike that I just finished for a customer.
It's a Electra Rat Fink Chopper.
I had to hand make custom steel mounts to off set the engine & also off set the rear sprocket 1/2" for the chain to clear the big 3" wide rear tire.
I also welded a hand made bracket for the front disc brake.
Big props to Jeff (culvercityclassic) for helping me make the custom exaust pipe!

Last edited:

Sharksfan

Nov 28, 2009
San Jose, CA.
WOW! This is really nice! There is nothing about this bike that I do not like. The color is awesome and the "bobber" stance is truly old school. (*me* Hoooneeeyyy? where is the credit card? *wife* no. *me* dammit!) Oh well a guy can dream. Great build!

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Cool bike Venice!!! Did you guys make the exhaust pipe? I'm looking for a long pipe for mine, any suggestions? and do they add any performance?

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
You sure do nice installs Norm I would like to see a 4 stroker in that frame the 2 stroke looks so small and the tank grows on you but... I hear you are in the works of making rear round tanks if so that might be the ticket. You have sure came along well with your builds, so get on that dam felt that you said you were going to build I haven't got all day.

Adam

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
You sure do nice installs Norm I would like to see a 4 stroker in that frame the 2 stroke looks so small and the tank grows on you but... I hear you are in the works of making rear round tanks if so that might be the ticket. You have sure came along well with your builds, so get on that dam felt that you said you were going to build I haven't got all day.

Adam
Did you mean this Felt?

Or this Felt??

& I've got 2 more that I'm working on right now!! ;)

jbelluzzi

Apr 23, 2011
once you have the hole cut out to fit the sprocket over the the hub how do you get the chain to clear the fat tire? i tried spacing it out but then can get the brake arm on any suggestions?