Looking to buy a 4 stroke gearbox.

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I'm looking to buy a new style chain drive gear box for a project. I plan on putting a pocket bike race engine I have on a 4 stroke frame mount. With the newer chain drive witch looks to be a modified pocket bike gear box. The engine pulls me along at 40 mph all day on the pocket bike.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I should have some in the next few days.. I paid and they are on order. It has been about 2 weeks now. So.. They should be here any day.. Enjoy the ride...

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I'm not looking to spend that much. I'm really just looking for the cheap chain drive box. This might not even work ,so I don't want to spend allot on something that might not even work. I know the chain drive rig will be a direct bolt on.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Yes it looks like it would work but as mentioned. I'm looking for a cheap chain drive. $130 is a bit steep. I can buy another 2 stroke kit for that much.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Hey Slow.. That pic shows the Engine in which you speak.. But.. What about the bike? Is that also the bike? Or ? The Size of the rear wheel being used will determine what kind of Gear box you will need and what ratios to run. At any rate. You can Message me with the parameters if you like.. Enjoy the ride..

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
The engine will be going on a 26" wheel bike. Thats why I want the 4 stroke chain gearbox. I have tuns of pocket bike parts but the gear ratio is all wrong since it's for a 10" wheel.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
The engine revs to 12000 rpm, and pulls hard to 40mph on my pocket bike.
I'm 5'8" 200lbs. This thing would fly with that gearbok hooked to a SBP 4stroke shifter.

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
The engine will be going on a 26" wheel bike. Thats why I want the 4 stroke chain gearbox. I have tuns of pocket bike parts but the gear ratio is all wrong since it's for a 10" wheel.
so you have the gearbox that came with the pocket bike?

maybe you can just change out the final drive sprocket to a different size so that the gear ratio will be proper?

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Terry, Thats A Great Price On The 4g Tranny`s, Wish I Had Some Money To Spare.
Slow Bait, Dax Has/had Some 10 Tooth Sprocket`s For Bmx Bicycle Chain That Will Fit Your Chain Box (6 Spline Approx .550" Od Output Shaft) For $4.95. You Can Also Buy 11 Tooth On Line For 8mm Chain @ $11.95 Ea. These Will Help Getting The Correct Final Ratio (around 18:1). I Have Several Of Those Motors & Chain Box`s. One On A Rear Cvt Dr And One On A Friction Dr. Ron .cvlt1