Gasbike 4 stroke kit

GoldenMotor.com

exavid

Dec 12, 2009
Medford, OR
I'm still playing around with the $199 kit from Gasbike. I put the kit on a Schwinn cruiser and after riding the bike three or four times decided I needed to go to a smaller sprocket. The original 50T sprocket allowed the engine to rev up more than I liked so I installed a 44T sprocket. That wasn't small enough this little engine and reduction has a LOT of torque. I'll have to try a 40T next. I also decided to pull this engine and put it in an old mountain bike I have instead of the cruiser. Since this bike has the centrifugal clutch and lots of pull it I think it would be better on dirt roads than the cruiser style. The old mt. bike has a steel frame so I can weld up a custom engine mount instead of using the clamp on style that came with the kit. I may as well on a mount for the gas tank and chain idler too. That way if I go fooling around in the brush with this bike it will hold together better. I still have my 2 stroke bike for road riding that has a couple hundred trouble free miles on it now for local riding. I sure wish Oregon had better laws for these things, it doesn't appear that our town is enforcing the state laws requiring all the federal safety equipment to license these things so far. But you never know if a cop will take an interest. Big PIA.cvlt1

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
nice!... When you do the build, maybe you could mount it where you won’t need the tensioner? I’ve done that on my 4G.... and I love it... good luck... show us some pics