Manic Mechanic Engine Mount

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
I just noticed something that raised my attention, and I figured I'd ask on here. I ordered my mount about 3 weeks ago from Jim, and I completely forgot to ask if I can use that mount with the new PK80. Apparently it has a wider front mount, and I just want to make sure that it will work because I plan on ordering the PK80 from Pirate Cycles. Any input appreciated

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I also ordered one last week, I am planning the same motor and will be looking for some imput as weather it will fit here also.

Last edited:

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I ordered one 5 months ago..Haven't got it yet.Should be here soon I hope! Give him a call he will help ya out :D

mikldom

Jan 4, 2010
OBX, NC
Seriously? 5 Months?

What is Jim's lead time? I mean, I know he makes a quality product, but 5 months? Their is a seller on ebay that makes a custom sprocket adapter for about 60 bux. Tho it is not nearly as custom as Jim's, and not the superior product he has, but, How can we justify waiting 5 months for a part when spring is right around the corner.

Please Jim, speed up the orders, I am about ready to order one, but don't want to wait until it is warm and not able to have fun out there.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Jim is a one-man show (no offense to his wife lol), yet his products border on "art" if you will, so he's got an incredible amount of work keepin' up with demand. If you order direct from Jim - he cuts 'em special to your specifications, each one a custom one-off made just for you for less than the "stock" one sells for - unless one of the most common sizes, in which case you can skip the wait and order Jim's stuff from Pirate Cycles for a lil more.

In addition to his normal product line - he's constantly doin' R&D on a plethora of new products desperately needed for our MBs (again see Pirate Cycles for some finished items) so while I will agree that the wait time may be more than I could deal with (kid ona night bfore xmas syndrome lol), I'd not hold it against him as he's one of the very few who invents new products for us, let alone at ridiculously low prices for what they are.

So the choice is clear - don't wanna wait? Go through Pirate Cycles. Want something special just for your atypical build? Deal with the wait time and the idiosyncrasies of an artist at work ;)

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I'm nearly finished with the mounts guys...

I made the frame clamps months ago, and then right after I had a problem with the plates. The material was checking at the bends. I had to redo the dies and buy more metal.

When I saw that there was a problem, I was going to issue everyone a refund...but people get upset when I issue an automatic refund.

So I leave it up to you guys to ask...a few have, and there's no hard feelings at all. I totally understand, not wanting to wait!

The motor mount will fit both the older 40mm spacing, and the new 50mm spacing, (Pirate Cycles PK80 and others).

BarelyAWake is absolutely right! I'm working with Pirate Cycles, so that they will have a constant supply of inventory: ready for immediate shipment. They now have sprocket adapters for the CB-110/CB-110E, Modus, and OCC chopper wheel hubs. They also have a good inventory of sprockets and intakes. Soon they will have inventory on a nice billet head for the PK80 and the Grubee Gt-5 engines.

I'm also expanding my product line as I go along. You guys keep working with me, and there will be a lot of useful, inexpensive, upgrades this year.

Jim

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
6mi. from the Old North Bridge
I'm glad in November I called back after your wife said you weren't making any more product and I wouldn't take no for an answer for a spocket and adapter. I would wait 6 months it is a superior product. No doubt the rest of your stuff is also. Glad to here that your staying around. Thanks for giving my motoredbike one less thing to not have to think about.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
agreed,,,
Jim makes a superior product that is WORTH waiting for (^)
his customer service is amazing as well :)

we are fortunate that he got enough orders to stay viable/in business

companies with product/service like that are whom I prefer doing business with
(I am affiliated with one that has similar values ;))

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
agreed,,,
Jim makes a superior product that is WORTH waiting for (^)
his customer service is amazing as well :)

we are fortunate that he got enough orders to stay viable/in business

companies with product/service like that are whom I prefer doing business with
(I am affiliated with one that has similar values ;))
I concur Bill....I'm taking a bike down to Jim tmrw ( Feb 4th )....he has already built up the same exact bike for another customer....the Black Northwoods cruiser....I can wait for net result....Jim obviously knows what he's doing ...Luckily I live just 2.5 hours north of him....to me it's worth the drive.....plus it get's built up by a REAL pro and I don't have to pay shipping costs.....I'll be paying less for gas than shipping.....plus a road trip in the Z !....LOL

Salty.shft.

Last edited:

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Im excited to recieve my mount hopfully soon. Hey Jim, Please keep us posted on the mounts, I and others would really appriciate it!!!

Thanks alot!:)

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
I am building a Black Northwoods Ridgedale Cruiser as well. It is coming along well. I already have the sprocket adapter (ordered from Pirate Cycles), made by Jim, and it is the best money can buy. I will still be needing the Engine Mount, so I can finish this bike.

fattboy

Jan 14, 2010
Los Angeles County
Put in my order recently for an engine mount, sprocket and adapter and an intake manifold for my first build (Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser). From what I have seen and heard about Jim's quality and attention to detail, I can't wait to build my bike with these great parts!

Has anyone anodized any of these parts? If so, any pictures?

Thanks.

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
I had my hub adapter and sprocket polished. I also plan on polishing the engine mount as soon as it comes!! It takes some time, but it looks good after it's done. I also like the "CNC" look, but Tommyboy1442, just couldn't wait to see how it would polish up. lol

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
I talked with Karen on Monday, and she said the same thing. I've been busy working on my pk 80. Getting it ready for the billet head, intake, and mounts. Ordered a silver pk from Pirate, I got a black one instead. file,sand, sand, strip, sand, clean sand, etc.. the process to making the ht look better than it ever did!

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I talked with Karen on Monday, and she said the same thing. I've been busy working on my pk 80. Getting it ready for the billet head, intake, and mounts. Ordered a silver pk from Pirate, I got a black one instead. file,sand, sand, strip, sand, clean sand, etc.. the process to making the ht look better than it ever did!
Nice! I planned of doing the same with my motor when the mount arrives,unfortunately I don't have the extra money to spend on a new dremel so it totally sucks now.I was thinking about repainting the motor a ford blue or similar,port the exhaust,intake,order a billet intake and a sprocket adapter.Once you get your setup finished I'd like to see it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.