Venice Beach ride March 7th 2010

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
This is a new thread for the ride!
It will start at the same place as last time because it worked so well from there.
We're adding a few extra stops along the beach & a better route home.

The address is 11000 Wilshire Bl. Los Angeles, CA 90024.
la federal building - Google Maps

We will meet on the south side of the building Sunday March 7th @10:30am & roll out @11:00.

dnutdnutdnutdnutdnut

Last edited:

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
This is a new thread for the ride!
It will start at the same place as last time because it worked so well from there.
We're adding a few extra stops along the beach & a better route home.

The address is 11000 Wilshire Bl. Los Angeles, CA 90024.
la federal building - Google Maps

We will meet on the south side of the building Sunday March 7th @10:30am & roll out @11:00.

]
Cool! Ol Rockfish said it was a good route last time you guys rode, so lookin forward to it. And of course I really dig the beach cruisin with suicide alley! haha.bf.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Cool! Ol Rockfish said it was a good route last time you guys rode, so lookin forward to it. And of course I really dig the beach cruisin with suicide alley! haha.bf.
Yep, we're keeping the same route down there & probably going all the way to MDR this time. Then we're gonna roll up Ocean Park Blvd. to get back.

Everyone should bring a small lock for the bikes while we eat & drink @ Venice!! ;)

rcflier500

Nov 15, 2009
Upland, Ca
Do you think it might be possible to post a map of the route like was done on the January 10th ride thread? Just to get an idea of where we are going. :)

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
that's 55 miles from me, straight up PCH. if the weather's great, i think i might ride the whole way. just gotta carry some extra fuel mix (and maybe a carb;)) and go for it.

if anyone else around here wants to put in some miles, lemme know...

HBfisherman

Jan 5, 2010
Huntington Beach
that's 55 miles from me, straight up PCH. if the weather's great, i think i might ride the whole way. just gotta carry some extra fuel mix (and maybe a carb;)) and go for it.

if anyone else around here wants to put in some miles, lemme know...
Your crazy!!! I hope I can get my motor installed before the cruise.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I think we're gonna add a little racing to the days events!!!
I'm thinkin' that we'll race a few laps around the federal building parking lot just to see what our bikes can do. (The lot is real big & empty on Sunday!!) (^) We'll call it the "west coast dash for cash!!" ;) laff

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
Hey. I should be on by then, thats an easy place to find too. On any Sunday is a biker movie. Its difficult to find any parking on Sunday.
So its a shakedown for the ride ahead?
Oh and can I go too I told ya when I fisst joind up here I like to Drink and Drive :)

Last edited:

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
Hey. I should be on by then, thats an easy place to find too. On any Sunday is a biker movie. Its difficult to find any parking on Sunday.
So its a shakedown for the ride ahead?
Oh and can I go too I told ya when I fisst joind up here I like to Drink and Drive :)
Of course it's O.K. to drink and drive, It's only a Federal building, with federal Police there 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week where we meet. I'm sure they won't mind, and the charges for gettin hasseled by them would be next to nothin I'm sure..flg.

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
Perfect Ill be all over it Wilshire dumps onto PCH with a hotel on the north side and a beach out in front so here is my passport photo .. to reality,, my parents got drunk and had me on the beach in 1950, here is the proof

Last edited:

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
well it would be fine if you need either a ride up, or take a train and I pick you up either direction. It may be necessary to put a rack on the car though I'll fly if you buy
that way I can pick your brain on inspecting my un started 1948.. it may want the super plug.. the super oil and the carb adjustments while it breaks in properly I am positive it is one of a kind.
did you know I am the official mechanic for the Surf museum in HB .I use this card to prove I am all that

Last edited:

edfang

Feb 17, 2010
Simi Valley, Ca
This sounds great. I finished my bike a month ago and I am planning on joining the group. I have never done this before, do you guys think 1 tank should be enough? Or should I bring a little more just in case? Also, is there any parking around the building? I am coming from Simi, so I am planning on driving to the location.

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
This sounds great. I finished my bike a month ago and I am planning on joining the group. I have never done this before, do you guys think 1 tank should be enough? Or should I bring a little more just in case? Also, is there any parking around the building? I am coming from Simi, so I am planning on driving to the location.
One tank will be enough, it's about 25 miles or less. also there is plenty of free parking in the lot.