Help

GoldenMotor.com

Dylanpieper

Jul 21, 2009
Iowa
i pull in the clutch, try to peddle...Can't pedal if i push back tire really hard the motor will turn arround once and so on..The clutch actuator goes moves back about 1 inch and even more it wont work. Do i have to loosen the axle or something?

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
I would check two things:
1) Pull in and lock your clutch. Standing next to the bike manually push the clutch actuator further in by hand. If you can then roll the bike then you simply need to adjust the clutch cable better.
2) If that didn't work, perhaps the clutch is a bit too tight. Keep the clutch lever locked adn remove the right side clutch cover. Take out the retainer screw and loosen the star nut/flower nut 1/2 to 1 turn. Then see if you can roll the bike.

Try that and see if the problem is fixed. There are a couple other options after this but I don't want to confuse you or suggest you start messing with things that might not need to be touched.

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
What nut are you actually referring to? is this the nut that holds the sprocket on? that should not have caused the problem.

Look into #1 and #2 above and if not we can go on to other things.

Another tip...take off the clutch actuator cover and remove the dowel in the center of the gear. Careful there is a ball bearing that is behind it...don't lose it. put some grease in teh hole and put the dowel back in.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What nut are you actually referring to? is this the nut that holds the sprocket on? that should not have caused the problem.

Look into #1 and #2 above and if not we can go on to other things.

Another tip...take off the clutch actuator cover and remove the dowel in the center of the gear. Careful there is a ball bearing that is behind it...don't lose it. put some grease in teh hole and put the dowel back in.
In addition to what is written above try this while you have the actuator cover off. The pin or dowel sticking out from the center of the sprocket is what the actuator cam pushes. Try rapping this pin with a hammer. Don't beat it to death but give it a good sharp blow. Some new engines come with the clutch plates stuck and will not release with the clutch lever. The shock of a couple of hammer blows will often loosen the stuck clutch. Good luck. Get back to us with the results.