New OCC Chopper paint!

GoldenMotor.com

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
If you lightly scuff the surface with some coarse steel wool then apply the stripper it will go very fast , clean off the stripper with more coarse steel wool after the paint has lifted then wash the bare metal down with cheap laquer thinner . Use aircraft paint stripper or similar type at most hardware stores . Do not use the most inexpensive stripper . It will slow you down . Steel wool is cheap . Keep a bucket of clean water near you in case you get some stripper on you to wash it off . I guarantee it will happen . the laquer thinner can degrease and remove paint residue also as you are wiping the frame down . I have prepped hundreds of vehicles and motorcycles useing these products and it worked every time .

eomonkeyboi24

Jun 28, 2009
Minnesota
If you lightly scuff the surface with some coarse steel wool then apply the stripper it will go very fast , clean off the stripper with more coarse steel wool after the paint has lifted then wash the bare metal down with cheap laquer thinner . Use aircraft paint stripper or similar type at most hardware stores . Do not use the most inexpensive stripper . It will slow you down . Steel wool is cheap . Keep a bucket of clean water near you in case you get some stripper on you to wash it off . I guarantee it will happen . the laquer thinner can degrease and remove paint residue also as you are wiping the frame down . I have prepped hundreds of vehicles and motorcycles useing these products and it worked every time .
Thanks! I will definitely use this method.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
yeah you just have to let it sit and soak into the paint for a lil while also this should be in a shop with good ventilation.
(I only mean a little while, like 5 minutes or so)

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
how'd you get that pattern? red frame with fishnet, then painted black?
Umm yeah, frame was mostly black except the rear wheel area and the triple tree downtube. There I put on a nice thick layer of a pretty bold red. Once all the red dried (wait at least a day) then you lay on the stockings. I learned with this paint job that it looks best if you can get a wave going on. Then start spraying the black and try to do it from one direction so you can get a shadowed effect plus dont over do the black, you don't want to start over. Then I hit it with a non yellowing laquer just a thin coat or two for shine. I would have been better off using an automotive quality urethane, but I made due with what I had.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
In hindsight I would go to the auto store and buy their spray paints because they are more durable (made for cars) Candy has a line available at my local knecks I will be using it next time, it is a lil more spendy but that will pay off real quick. Candy has three steps they have a primer/chrome, Clear Color, and a clear coat. Their clear coat is the best option for you. It is durable, and most of all wont get messed up if you get a lil gas on it.

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
plasti-kote Car Color is one option if you can find it . I think I got it at an Auto Parts Store or Car Quest . Used by NASCAR . Comes in 6oz. spray cans I used it on some other applications and was very satisfied .

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Here are some graphics I did on a friends Harley a few weeks ago. Turned out pretty nice although the photo doesn't do it justice. The pearl really messes with the camera. I did this on either side of the tank and the rear fender. If he ever gets it put back together I can take some photos of the finished bike.

Attachments

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I did it, and yes I used a combination of air brush, masking and a medium sized touch up gun. No need to pull out the big gun for tanks and fenders, the big gun is only for cars.