Got T-boned in Texas Friday

GoldenMotor.com

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Geez that's a nightmare. OK we all gotta learn from it . I'm sorry for you. How old are ya? I'm 54---Older we get longer to heal. Don't rush your recovery. You are now (and many of us) are more aware of how fragile we can be. I've experienced a fully torn rotator cuff in my shoulder doing yard work here at home . Operation in January. In physical therapy- still healing and hoping to ride by May. I will not rush myself to ride. I do fear of a re-hurt in a situation such as yours on my bike. Gotta always look out for the other guy. Gotta drive for two sometimes. Take your time to heal and you will heal sooner. God bless you sir. Heal soon and well.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That's a bummer George. Hopefully her insurance will cover your loss, and you'll recover completely to ride again soon.

I worry about that same kind of accident happening to me too. You didn't do anything wrong. What we have to do is ride like we expect everyone wants to run us over.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That's a bummer George. Hopefully her insurance will cover your loss, and you'll recover completely to ride again soon.

I worry about that same kind of accident happening to me too. You didn't do anything wrong. What we have to do is ride like we expect everyone wants to run us over.
It really seems like they do as almost everyday I seem to be in near death situations on the road and it's no joke!

Ride like your life depends on it, cuz it does!

brnot

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Update the lawyer is backing me...I have no health insurance and most doctors won't see me without some guarantee of payment. The police report clearly shows the truck at fault. I'll keep yal posted.

bigoilbob

Dec 15, 2013
St. Louis, Missouri
george, Forgive me if it's in the thread and I missed it (I checked), but is the lawyer representing YOU? I am NOT a lawyer, and have never sued or been sued, but I hope it is not the truck driver's lawyer.

Separately, the last thing I want to do is get the forumers started on the ACA, but you sure seem like someone deserving of quality health care. I hope you have been getting it all along, some kind of way.

Get well soon. My Dallas brother says the weather is fine now, but we all know about Texas summers....

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
george, Forgive me if it's in the thread and I missed it (I checked), but is the lawyer representing YOU? I am NOT a lawyer, and have never sued or been sued, but I hope it is not the truck driver's lawyer.

Separately, the last thing I want to do is get the forumers started on the ACA, but you sure seem like someone deserving of quality health care. I hope you have been getting it all along, some kind of way.

Get well soon. My Dallas brother says the weather is fine now, but we all know about Texas summers....
No I hired a lawyer when the insurance co ignored me.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Update lawyer don't want me to ride the yet will not help me get a bus pass...no help on pain meds either...car insurance is the pits!

oldpot

Jun 21, 2012
MICHIGAN
i like to ask a question .whats happens if you in a accident and its there fault as us riders do not need insurance and if it the other persons fault do they get there insurance to cover your cost etc etc if needed, i always wondered , or what would be best plan of action , ok touch wood hope i never have to but i would like to know ?,just in case.
good to hear you ok George.

Powertool

Jul 8, 2012
Bradford,TN.
Tread lightly my friend , reoccurring accidents involving motorized bicycles , will bring about unwanted regulation . That being , registration and insurance .....

Solmangrundy

Apr 15, 2014
Northeast Texas
I've always assumed that no one can see me on the bike (coming, going, right in front of them) as I have a hard time seeing bicyclists myself while driving a car.

Get Well Soon.