Sweet and Salty News.......

GoldenMotor.com

DudeManBro

Jun 27, 2013
Wisconsin
Starting with the sweet, I finished my build, love motorbiking, and met a fellow mobiker on the road. Overall, great Saturday. My day, however, ended on a sour-salty note as I bent my rear axle, replaced it, bent it again, and then blew out my rear tire. Obviously, I need to find a better quality axle-wheel set up and purchase a stronger rubber tire. My dad suggested I talk to my 90 year old neighbor that used to build Harley's. He was filled with a ton of interesting facts. Unfortunately none of them were relevant to motorized bicycles or motorcycles or anything really. (Did you know that Matches were invented after lighters?) Anyways, I just finished my convo with him and I figured I'd ask the pros about possible solutions. I'm using the stock rear tire that cam with my 26" huffy cranbrook. It has a coaster brake, but I'm installed a U-clamp hand brake on the center mount. What am I doing wrong and how can I make it right?

Your brother in biking,

DudeManBro
:-||

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
When I built my happy time, I replaced the stock chinese rear wheel with a Husky steel wheel with 12g spokes and a Shimano coaster hub.

Yeah, costs more, but it's worth it.