Dirt bike plastics for motorized bicycles? has anyone tried?

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Looks like that particular bike would present quite a challenge to motorize.......with that being said, looks like that is a steal of a deal for that bike!!

Feb 6, 2013
Mesa, Arizona
Looks like that particular bike would present quite a challenge to motorize.......with that being said, looks like that is a steal of a deal for that bike!!
Well this is a kids' bike and single speed that's why it's so cheap.

But what i'm trying to say though is would it be possible to put on dirt bike seats and plastics on a mountain bike?

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Well this is a kids' bike and single speed that's why it's so cheap.

But what i'm trying to say though is would it be possible to put on dirt bike seats and plastics on a mountain bike?
weld a few tabs for mounting, anything is possible with
enough ingenuity, the question is why?
looking like that you kinda don't notice the pedals :)
I swear officer it has peddles look! LOL

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2013
Mesa, Arizona
weld a few tabs for mounting, anything is possible with
enough ingenuity, the question is why?
looking like that you kinda don't notice the pedals :)
I swear officer it has peddles look! LOL
Ahahaha

I dunno I guess sometimes I feel like an idiot wearing a motorcycle helmet on bicycles even if it's for my saftey. So i thought maybe i'd look less stupid if my motorized bicycle looked more like a motorcycle

So just for looks i guess

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
The advantage of plastics is aerodynamics and yes, looks, if you're into rice rockets. The disadvantage is attracting the attention of law enforcement when you're driving what looks like a motorcycle with no tags. If you're gonna put plastics on your bike, best find them in colors you like. Painting plastic is a somewhat tedious process, and even if you do it right the vibrations can still cause the paint to flake.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Ahahaha

I dunno I guess sometimes I feel like an idiot wearing a motorcycle helmet on bicycles even if it's for my saftey. So i thought maybe i'd look less stupid if my motorized bicycle looked more like a motorcycle

Ah yes helmets, have several don't use them
the only thing a helmet is good for is to easily identify
the remains:) although many will disagree with me!
if you do do it, get a license plate mounted that says
SEE IT HAS PEDDLES LOL
.bf.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I put fairings on mine because it keeps my clothes clean, from getting burned, makes the bike look nice, front fairings work for comfort at high speed, even small ones, and if they are cheap, light and plastic why not?

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
Apparently people have used pit bike or mini bike fairings. I've been trying to find something like those dirt bike fairings for a while. Issue is the bike handlebars are [usually] farther forward than a motorcycle, I was considering making some fairings of my own to make it look motorcycle-esque, but the handlebars being so much further forward would spoil the look completely. I know there are headsets and/or forks out there that clamp the handles straight on top of the forks (rather than having a headset that holds it out), my roommate has a set... but they're for chopper forks.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Ahahaha

I used to think like that, until my bike became fast.

People might think "Lol, look at that idiot on a bicycle with a motorcycle helmet".

As they see the bicycle traveling over 30mph on flat ground, they'll think "Now I see why that bicycle rider's using a motorcycle helmet. A bicycle helmet's not enough!"

"Okay, he's not an idiot."xct2

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Or you could just be smart and not care what people think at all when you're on your bike (or any other time for that matter). If you truly believe in who you are and what you're doing, it doesn't matter what other people think anyway.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
I used to think like that, until my bike became fast.

People might think "Lol, look at that idiot on a bicycle with a motorcycle helmet".

As they see the bicycle traveling over 30mph on flat ground, they'll think "Now I see why that bicycle rider's using a motorcycle helmet. A bicycle helmet's not enough!"

"Okay, he's not an idiot."xct2
I was planning on getting a motorcycle helmet anyway but it did put me off the idea slightly, being on a bicycle. I was talking to someone at work about it and they said exactly what you did "yeah, but your bike isn't a normal bike". which is too true, but regardless of what other people think, wear what you like. My roommate likes skull caps, I like full-face, some prefer dirtbike, so on... at low speeds a bicycle helmet would be adequate but I choose the full face because I'm constantly dealing with flying rocks, watery eyes (we all know this feeling), rain if I dont have a front fender (25+ sprays water straight into your face from the front tire) and... the prime reason I decided on the full face: bugs. Some people like the "bugs in your teeth experience", but after nearly swallowing two wasps... I think I'm good.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
I was planning on getting a motorcycle helmet anyway but it did put me off the idea slightly, being on a bicycle. I was talking to someone at work about it and they said exactly what you did "yeah, but your bike isn't a normal bike". which is too true, but regardless of what other people think, wear what you like. My roommate likes skull caps, I like full-face, some prefer dirtbike, so on... at low speeds a bicycle helmet would be adequate but I choose the full face because I'm constantly dealing with flying rocks, watery eyes (we all know this feeling), rain if I dont have a front fender (25+ sprays water straight into your face from the front tire) and... the prime reason I decided on the full face: bugs. Some people like the "bugs in your teeth experience", but after nearly swallowing two wasps... I think I'm good.
one of the things I wear for bugs and wind is a $19.99 wallyworld paintball mask:)
a little Naugahyde on the inside of the grill and wala! (allows for my glasses)
but I also halve a full face and 1/2 helmet, depends on the ride.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
One thing I really like about a MC helmet over a bicycle one is cars give you a double look and are less apt to pull out in front of you thinking your doing 10 MPH instead of 20 or 30.

Really makes a huge difference.