Grinding in my back wheel

GoldenMotor.com

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
I think it may be the bearings...only grinds when I actually pedal the bike...but once I stop pedalling the grinding is only very occasionally...especially leaning into turns...i dont know what to do...i have yet to remove my back wheel yet...probably will tonight...not reality looking forward to that...:-||

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
So I took the plunge and took my back wheel off...checked all the bearings were in good shape...packed them full of grease and tightened everything back on...no rear tire wobble and no grinding anymore...even pedals easier...thanks for all the good advice everyone...dance1

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
I think it may be the bearings...only grinds when I actually pedal the bike...but once I stop pedalling the grinding is only very occasionally...especially leaning into turns...i dont know what to do...i have yet to remove my back wheel yet...probably will tonight...not reality looking forward to that...:-||
I would take the time to take it apart and figure out the problem. I had the same thing going on a few year's ago and i was going down a bridge and it locked up. I slid for about a 80ft before i stopped and the bike kept wanting to dump me but everytime it leaned over i just kicked it back up swaying side from side. by the time i stopped my rim was folded in half! I got lucky I didn't hurt myself!

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
Back hubs are the weal link to our bikes- they take a lot more of abuse with a motor than they were designed for-
Thats why i dont see why people would wanna go over 25-30mph on a bike. The rims aren't made for the constant speed and abuse. Accident waiting to happen.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Thats why i dont see why people would wanna go over 25-30mph on a bike. The rims aren't made for the constant speed and abuse. Accident waiting to happen.
Speed kills! But then, I don't expect to live forever anyway so I may as well enjoy the ride...."Live fast, Die young, and leave a good looking corpse."