Nitro carb build

GoldenMotor.com

CR500AF

May 20, 2012
Ontarieo
Il building a nitro carb out of a stock ht carb will post lots of pics

the mix will be a 35% nitro 55%methol and 15% castor

the fual system mods will include: porting the petcock, modding the jet for flow 2.7times more fual or someware around 4.5parts air to 1 part fual

pros:instant 80-90% increase in power,no pinging or fourstorking and cooler and more lubercated running

cons: COST,little riding range,gas stations don't sell it

il try to get done on this tread in hoply a week or so.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

the fual system mods will include: porting the petcock, modding the jet for flow 2.7times more fual or someware around 4.5parts air to 1 part fual

pros:instant 80-90% increase in power,no pinging or fourstorking and cooler and more lubercated running

Insanity! Keep us posted...dnut

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
LOOLOLOL Smells good.....

It should run like the devil, with blue flames shooting out the exhaust until the piston melts through the crown.

It would be awesome if you could get pistons forged hard enough to last more than 10 miles.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Treat it like a low-budget blower motor...low compression and loose rings. I'd hate to be riding it when it blows though...KABOOM!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I hope you know I was joking about running straight RC Nitro Methane fuel in my 212cc 4-stroke......it would probably explode shortly after start up.

On a serious note though, it is added to a new race fuel I just mixed up today......4 gallons worth and it cost nearly $30. It should work really well with the higher compression I'm running now ;) I'll know tomorrow at the race for sure.....

.wee.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I hope you know I was joking about running straight RC Nitro Methane fuel in my 212cc 4-stroke......it would probably explode shortly after start up.

On a serious note though, it is added to a new race fuel I just mixed up today......4 gallons worth and it cost nearly $30. It should work really well with the higher compression I'm running now ;) I'll know tomorrow at the race for sure.....

.wee.
Higher compression isn't the main problem running nitro, It's getting enough fuel and spark to unleash the true potential..The truly awesome explosions you see in Top Fuel racing usually result from losing spark in a cylinder, and the amount of fuel not being burned actually fills the cylinder and hydraulically locks it. Since you can't compress fluids...BANG!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Higher compression isn't the main problem running nitro, It's getting enough fuel and spark to unleash the true potential..The truly awesome explosions you see in Top Fuel racing usually result from losing spark in a cylinder, and the amount of fuel not being burned actually fills the cylinder and hydraulically locks it. Since you can't compress fluids...BANG!
Yeah, I know........I just added approx. 5ozs. of the nitro to the 4 gallons of 108 octane AvGas/VP race gas mix for a little extra kick. I must say that it worked very well......it was one of the fastest gas bikes on the track today.

.wee.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It's been 3 weeks now.........any progress?

dnut

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Yeah, I know........I just added approx. 5ozs. of the nitro to the 4 gallons of 108 octane AvGas/VP race gas mix for a little extra kick. I must say that it worked very well......it was one of the fastest gas bikes on the track today.

.wee.
Watch the plug carefully for signs of detonation and overheating. It doesn't take long running nitro to destroy parts...

CR500AF

May 20, 2012
Ontarieo
I need the carb at the moment,

the only draw back will be fual costs,

the engine will run way cooler and castor is a better then any 2 smoke oil could ever be.

i have took the jets out of big chainsaw carbs and ran nitro in my old 35cc scooter and i could even turn it to rich on the high speed