Coaster Brake with handlebar lever

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
What do I need to convert my coaster brake to be able to brake with a lever? Or are those completely different kits? I remember seeing something like that a few weeks back. I want to take off the pedals.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
if you take off the pedals, it wont be a bicycle anymore, so that may cause a legal issue. as far as converting your coaster brake, what it actually is is a rear wheel that is switched to a front wheel, and certain components of the coaster brake assembly inside the wheel are welded together. its basically converting a coaster brake to a lever operated drum brake. if you really want to remove the pedals, i would recommend actually getting better brakes, such as a front drum or disc brake. 80% of a bike's stopping power is in the front brakes.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
As far as I know it where I live everything under 5hp don't need any license etc. Anyways, sounds like lots of changes. I lready have a disk in the front but I have a lowrider fork and very unstable. Maybe another disk in the back would be better.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
As far as I know it where I live everything under 5hp don't need any license etc. Anyways, sounds like lots of changes. I lready have a disk in the front but I have a lowrider fork and very unstable. Maybe another disk in the back would be better.
or a different fork. again, 80% of a bikes stopping power is in the front brakes. a rear disc will help you slow down more, but a front brake is better for emergency stops.