Propane anyone?

GoldenMotor.com

BustedKnuckles

Jul 31, 2011
Great Lakes Region
Seem to get a lot of hits not related to propane when I search the forums for it. I'm interested in the concept. More specifically has a system akin to what Lehr uses on their 2 cycle engines been discussed here?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The only company that I have ever read about on these forums that has propane for fuel is Lehr.
The engines are 25cc and that alone is not much power for scooting an MB down the road.
Couple that with the fact that propane has less BTU's when burned than gasoline and the little engine is even more underpowered.

So far I have not read of a company that sells propane conversion kits either.

If one were to convert a Honda, Robin/Subaru, HuaSheng or Greyhound over to propane I would be interested in the results. Heck, I probably would follow suit and convert one myself.
The lack of a conversion kit is what stops me. I keep eyeballing the propane floor polishers at work for ideas. They have a horizontal Kawasaki single cylinder engine. What displacement I don't know.

Here's a site I found on the subject:
Small Engine Generator Conversion Kit - Propane Conversion Kits - Natural Gas Conversion Kits

BustedKnuckles

Jul 31, 2011
Great Lakes Region
Thanks for the link, the only other similar one I had previously was Propane Generators .com .

I see Staton offers the Lehr in friction drive; but due to it's cc limitation figure it's better suited to a child or light rider. Just the same if I happen into a Sears and find one of the Lehr/Craftsman garden tools as a return or closeout this fall the temptation could overwhelm me with the belief of adapting the fuel system to a larger displacement engine. Thx

Here's a http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=21186 on the topic from last year.

Last edited: