its a passion

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
not sure what it is about these motor bicycles. i guess it is a combination of putting your heart into building it and making it look nice and then wow it runs. cruising around on them we are in a special class. i have yet to see another one on the road besides mine and when riding down the road it really turns heads. taking a cruise in the country you are able to enjoy the sights and stop anywhere you want or if you want to cut through the woods you can. its completly different then a car or a big motorcycle and where you can go with them is pretty limitless. also i notice that watching tv or seeing a bicycle going down the street a lot of them i think "wow that would be pretty nice with a motor on it". i think the nicest part about it is cost. the kits are cheap and changes to bicycle and everything else is realitivly inexpensive. hard to imagine someone can pick up an old cruiser at a garage sale for $5.00 to $20.00 and order an engine for a couple hundred and have a really nice form of transportation.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
I have to agree!! I take my Bike every chance I get. It is a conversation piece when I get to my destination. I'm pretty sure I have the only bike (Motorized) here in town. I have to admit "It Is A Passion". As pleased as I am with my "Stretch", I find myself daydreaming about what I can build next. I think I'll just repaint the orange one and it will be "New" again!!

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Yep you guys got it right I think?!
For me its an addiction and it ain't gettin any better.rotfl
Ride on
Norman

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Last year, I rode about 1000 miles between the two Chinabike kits, about 300 with the current front mount bike (see my avatar).

I rode the big Suzuki somewhere over 2000 miles and my little Yamaha Vino 50cc scooter got about 1000 miles of use.

Every time someone stopped by the shop, guess what they wanted to "take out for a spin"?

So proportionately the Chinabikes got a lot of riding...

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I have about twenty old motorcycles in the garage but all I work on is the Happy Time bikes. I can't stop nor do I want to. Have fun Dave

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I am a habitual tinkerer, this thing needs gears. The old Suzuki trail had an outfit that would allow you to change from trail gear to road with a flick of the switch. What if we were to install the two sprockets each with its own chain and then at the device that the engine chain goes to we would install a cable to a changer, and val la two speed. I think it was around 1966 for the bike, Ill look for the thing. Have fun, Dave