Please help me to connect them

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm not sure why you want two switches, one would suffice, but whatever your want is okay. If the toggle switch you pictured is not a momentary switch (only on/off when you hold the toggle) then it and the key switch will be wired in 'series' with the blue wire, preferably. The switch/s will break the circuit thereby shutting off the ignition and stopping the engine.
If I could make a suggestion here; why not use the kill button provided with your kit and then install the keyed switch in the circuit as described above. You would then have a way to shut off the engine easily from the twist grip throttle and you'd have anti-theft protection with the keyed switch. I see no reason for the toggle switch.
Tom

dmpatanis

Aug 23, 2010
Greece
I want to remove the kill switch in the throtle because it not so good.
I must connect one end in the black wire and the other in the blue wire?????
Thanks a lot.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yes, that will work too but both switches must be off, or open, for the engine to run. Closing either switch will ground the ignition and kill the engine. Do you understand what I mean by 'closed and open' ?
A closed circuit will carry the current...and open circuit (switch) will stop the current flow.
If either of your switches is closed it will complete a circuit between the blue and black wire which will stop the engine or prevent it from running.
Tom

dmpatanis

Aug 23, 2010
Greece
If i connect it like this its ok??
When i run the motor the button its off(dont leave the current to drive)
But the switch key let it.
When i want to stop it,i push the button,kill the motor and switch off the key and the motor dont run.
Its ok.?????
Thanks a lo.

Attachments

dmpatanis

Aug 23, 2010
Greece
This connect its a better?????
I found it in the past forum and tell that this actuate in the spark and its a better.
Which of two????

Attachments

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
It shouldn't matter whether you connect it to short the 2 wires (which is what the stock kill-switch does) or if you put it in series with one of the wires and have it open the connection. Either way will kill your spark...

Opening a circuit is typically more desirable and less stressful on electrical components, though. I have no idea why the engine manufacturers have us connect these things to short the circuit...

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
How do you want the key to be oriented with it in the normal running position and is that position with the wire connections closed or with them open? This will determine if you wire it to open the wire or short the wires together, or you just live with the key in either position and wire it for whatever option you choose...

I personally would wire it to open the circuit, if it were mine, though my kill-switch is currently wired to the manufacturer's instructions...

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I think I like the 1 wire setup(the second pic),although the key could be in one and the switch on the other