the long overdue photo shoot of the humsuckler's bike :)

GoldenMotor.com

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
here are a few pics of my bike! yes, i did feel the need to use 6 pipe clamps on my slipjoints... lol

CNS carb installed on a CNC intake tube, pullstart, NGK wire, cap, and plug, SBP pipe mounted upside down, Serfas nuthole seat on a suspension post.

as far as little issues to correct, i have to tap threads into the CNS carb's top to install a cable adjuster on the throttle hole (there isnt one, i have at least 1/2" of freeplay) the clutch lever is sloppy as **** so im putting an all metal one on i got in another kit, i have to adjust the idle screw and mixture screw on the carb. wont idle when its warm, hard to start with the yanker... lol
oh ant the exhaust gasket is leaking a bit.

anyway enjoy, comments welcome! BTW, i believe the crud on my bike is a sign of character and soul, no i wont wash it ;) lol

YouTube - Modified Motorized Bike this is a short clip of it running, its pretty rough ATM.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
all i did was push it the way i wanted it to be, i also removed about an inch of rubber for where it would mount to the backside of the carb.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
here are a few updated pics as of march 10/10

the cruiser bars make it right now for trips cross town or commutes, pair that with my cushy seat and suspension post (youd be surprised how well this combo works... believe me) and you have my worthy little pavement pounder! also relocated the exhaust to go down under the bottom bracket, bent a little piece of scrap metal with a hole in it and bilted it between the kickstand and its mounting hole. had to cut an inch or so from the front fender to allow it to clear the pipe. removed CNS carb due to tuning issues. (ill get to that when i start a new build B)
adios!
*sorry about the blurry pictures, my camera is on its way out i think

this thing gets ridden hard and put away wet when the season is on with nothing more but regular upkeep. chainlube, cable adjustments. a set of brake pads every week..... yeah. a disc brake front end is gonna have to be done up!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Nice Hum!

Is funny, as I was lookin' at the pics I thought; "Man, he rides her hard and put her up wet" lol

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
no salt ever touched it lol that would be plain old ****ty chinease metal/paint and water mixed with absorbant dirt

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
looks like a fun bike, but i have one question about your exhuast how was it mounted up, i have seen several bikes done with the exhuast going up instead of down, and all i can think of is how hot does it get for the legs. i have burned myself from my muffler three times, and when i finally get an expansion chamber i dont want to burn myself again. so now that i have rambled a bit my actual question is "does it get too hot to have the exhuast mounted up?"

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
looks like a fun bike, but i have one question about your exhuast how was it mounted up, i have seen several bikes done with the exhuast going up instead of down, and all i can think of is how hot does it get for the legs. i have burned myself from my muffler three times, and when i finally get an expansion chamber i dont want to burn myself again. so now that i have rambled a bit my actual question is "does it get too hot to have the exhuast mounted up?"

well, to tell you the truth. i would have left it "up" if it wasnt for my pullstart being under the pipe...

if you notice the bulk of the pipe was actually up under the seat area and your legs are'nt really hanging out there! didnt notice the heat at all.

i mounted it by using a long bolt and some nuts to do a dual purpose of pinching the seat tube and hanging onto the pipe mount as well. it was nice and solid.

i changed the routing because of the pullstart, if your going to curbjump and ride over things id put it up instead because mine would have been surley destroyed if i went over a curb.

-hum