Local ride with a novice!

GoldenMotor.com

nitroscope8

May 26, 2008
Long Island, New York
My g/f and I both had off today and it was beautiful outside. AFter washing the Bug and Rabbit we decided it was too nice to sit around. When asked what I would like to do I smiled and said I had an idea. Now, Emily is not one to ride a bike and she sure as heck won't wanna ride a MOTORIZED bike, but I threw the idea out there for her to ponder. She was willing to try to at least idle around the block to try it out. Several stalls and run aways later she started to get the hang of things. I packed a small bag of spare parts and tools and took off.

We started out going about 5 miles down the road to a park. We relaxed and she was explaining to me all the areas of her butt and hands that she never knew had nerves. After a rest off we went. Cutting threw a few miles of backroads we ended up at the General store where we pondered about drooling over the sweet summer treats behind the glass. Leaving the store we decided to visit the duck pond. This was fun because the road was quite hilly and twisty. Since it mimicks the shoreline there really were no cars so it was safe to ride wherever. She was starting to get the hang of it...not bad for the first time on this thing, let alone a bike in a few years! After the pond we went to the docks in Stony Brook and turned around. Back on teh twisties she was unstoppable! Zoom zoom around the curves and she made me look like a novice. I've never seen this woman have so much fun in her life! We head back into town to grab some lunch. I guess the seat is taking it's toll on her....she doesn't even wanna sit down it hurts so bad. After lunch we decide to pack it up and head back home. for the next mile and a half she wound out the 48cc to levels I've never heard! I could barely keep up in the 70cc! At last...home stretch. Wait....damn rush hour traffic! The last 500 feet was horrible. My front wheel bearing loosened up and the wheel felt like it was about to come off. Good thing we are home!

Anyway, that is our story of the day. Her first ride and she is hooked! Now, we just have to take care of the vibration issue and get a seat that would feel at home in a Caddy.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I had a Bell honeycomb gel seat that was great, unfortunately I took it off to do some repairs and my dog got to it. :(

Thier is several thread's about what to do about the vibration, I dont have the time to search for them right now I'm at work. I do know there is post in the leave a tip take a tip thread about the handlebar vibration.

Great story (^)

nitroscope8

May 26, 2008
Long Island, New York
I've read posts about vibration and how to help them out. I just have to move from the paper to actualy doing it. I'll try silicone in one bike and see how that goes. If it works really well, then ill do that to mine. Ill try the lead only if silicone does not work at all.