AX27 Belt

GoldenMotor.com

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hi New to this forum, has anyone had this probem with AX27 belt rubbing the bottom part of the belt guard posts.My bike is a whizzer 2000 WS24 Sportsman.Bike is original with slip clutch and NE up grades.Belt is a JASON AX27 Raw Edge Cogged Belt.THANKS

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa
Yep I have with my upgraded 2000 WC-1. It's a pretty common problem. I bought the belt tentioner kit from Whizzer. I am even using it with my auto clutch and it works great.
Whizzer Motorbike
It is pricey but it solved my belt issues. The only other way you can get around the problem is to find a 28.5 inch belt. The AX-27 is a 29 inch belt. The shorter belt will pull the pulley down farther and then the belt will clear the mounting posts.
Good luck.

Jim

PS This picture is from a very respected Whizzer expert. Quenton Guenther. Thanks Lee

Attachments

Last edited:

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Thanks Fossil, I just took off belt tentioner with 4L290 belt was hoping to used less parts.Im going to keep the slip clutch,I have Auto clutch on my 99

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa
That's great you have a tentioner. They say it is only for the slip clutch but I still use it on my autoclutch. I don't have any problems using it with either setup. It should have been standard on all Whizzers.

Jim

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Thanks Fossil, I just took off belt tentioner with 4L290 belt was hoping to used less parts.Im going to keep the slip clutch,I have Auto clutch on my 99