Culling All Cabs

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I was told by someone once that if you were in Germany and halfway up an Alp and you saw a registration number from the flatlands of the European coastal plain, beware because they had no idea about using all the gears or about braking a bit earlier when going downhill.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
A real treat is living in the White Mountains of New Hampshire in a small town that has half its area as factory outlets. World wide shopper mayhem and other than the crap wages and the taxes that pay for the traffic problems the outlets cause the money went offshore.

We could sit there and watch the cars move a 100' in an hour on the main street. They never did find out about the back way around.

The most fun was watching the town cops ride their bicycles through the traffic looking for open containers of alcohol that the people in the cars thought they had hidden. Fat fines and car impound fees and they had to find a way home and back to get their cars and go to court weeks later.

Steve.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Well My family was at Disney a few weeks ago. The the Hotel set us up with a blacked out van and a 4 ft tall driver....they said no extra charge for the van,so we hopped in. I was in the second row wife and kid in third row. The ride seemed very bumpy and a lot of swaying was going on. So,I look at the driver and he's trying to get the seat closer while he's doing 75 mph that's were the swaying was coming from.Next the I see the Disney arch We are about to drive under. So as I'm turning to tell my family I see the speedo on the van. I then yelled to My family " here comes the Disney arch and you'll never go through it going 85mph ever again!" Next we are stopped at a light and he's asking for payment of $22 ...I'm like how we aren't even there yet?? No compreanda I guess. We paid at light..lol then a few minutes later we arrived .....way home was safe and was only $12 WtF

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
KC, that is some hot weather you are getting. I'm guessing it's a dry heat which helps a bit, but still... that is bloody hot. I don't think I'd survive. They are predicting 82 for a high this weekend in my area and I'm planning to take the boat out for some ocean breezes. Always nice and cool on the water.

Here's a link to a webcam of the area. I would be boating on the far left side in and around that point.

http://www.katkam.ca/

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Awww, that was hurtful, ALL 'flatlanders' are idiots and poor drivers?
I live in Phoenix and neither of those.

Sure I can see some hostility to visitors cramping your style in summer, but WTF do you expect when us 'flatlanders' want to head to cooler temps in our own state for a weekend on a week like like this?

And what about Winter?
Everybody North of us clear into Canada come here, we call 'em Snowbirds and don't much care for them either, but tolerant.

Just put a strobe light on your handlebars if you want to be seen.
Works good regardless of who is driving.

Gee KC, I didn't mean to offend. Flatlander in the sense that I use it, with capitol f and much rancor, is an earned title synonymous with Ignorant Louse. If you act like an ape in a pudding factory, that's the all encompassing slur I use. Obey the laws, be safe in our forest, pack it in-pack it out, BE FIRE WISE, and in general act like a decent human being and you'll find everyone, myself included, very friendly. The same goes for tourists everywhere, be nice to the locals... Besides, where do you think our money comes from? Without that gawdawful heat driving you silly desert dwellers up here, who would pay the bills?

You should come up, so you can call your buddies and brag about how it might hit 90 this week, kinda like I just did. Oh and just to salt the wound, I still had a half our frost delay at the golf course

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KC, that is some hot weather you are getting. I'm guessing it's a dry heat which helps a bit, but still... that is bloody hot.
Yep, friggn hot, our overnight low will be higher than your high tomorrow, but yep, it's a dry heat, like a hair blow drier, or blast furnace.

Nothing to me though, I've lived in Arizona nearly 50 years and been to every corner of this state, we spent the weekend in Greer a couple weeks ago.
Too cold for my taste if that means anything.

Brick house with excellent AC, I even have my own unit in the shop and in every 4-wheel vehicle.

In short battling heat sure beats battling cold, and I don't have to shovel sunshine in winter ;-}

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
Geez man. Glad to hear your still rolling on this side of the ground.
head on a swivel and reactions like bird.
have had many close calls myself, i know exactly what you mean.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
I might not shovel sunshine, but I don't shovel snow either. Stoke fire, stay in cave, wait for melt.

I hear it's supposed to push 120 next week, anything triple digits is inhumane, but that's just intolerable. Stay safe out there KC, and other Phx riders, that kinda heat melts brain cells.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
We are just fine but thanks for checking ;-}
It was a brutal weekend but we know how to 'hunker down'.
That was just a wake call that summer was coming, fast.

100's don't effect much, but 115F+ is pretty hard to deal with.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
95 on the mountain yesterday, must have been broiling down there KC, just miserable.

Last time I lived in the valley, I survived on air conditioning and ice tea. I was doing commercial concrete at the time(part of the 202, through the Tempe Gilbert Mesa area) we started pouring at 21:00, clocked out around 09:00. If we poured in the day time, it would crack to bits, from drying out so fast in the heat.

With our hot arid summers, should I think about running a cooler plug?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
95 on the mountain yesterday, must have been broiling down there KC, just miserable.

Last time I lived in the valley, I survived on air conditioning and ice tea. I was doing commercial concrete at the time(part of the 202, through the Tempe Gilbert Mesa area) we started pouring at 21:00, clocked out around 09:00. If we poured in the day time, it would crack to bits, from drying out so fast in the heat.

With our hot arid summers, should I think about running a cooler plug?
An NGK 7 should be fine for you up North in the 'cooler' part of the state.

This week has been below normal temps and peasant, 100F is nothing especially with 70's low's, bit it's 'hunker down time' coming this weekend...

120F is not friendly.

Again, it beats dealing with snow and cold temps come winter and I am a pro when it comes to dealing with the heat, though I really REALLY miss having a swimming pool.

Anyway, I'll survive a 120F fathers day, I always have ;-}

Last edited: