On my second build and loving it

GoldenMotor.com

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Hi guys names sean but friends call me henshooter( no I don't kill chickens lol)
I'm currently on my second build the first being a moutain bike fitted with an a1 80 cc motor ,stock kit but boy does she go.
I've just completed a second build and went retro style with a cruizer and full Crome accesories ,whitewall tires and extended handlebars
I'm having a few issues with the latest build being it has lost a lot of power at the higher end and can't work it out ,but that's for another thread
My motorized bicycle has done over 200 km at the moment but due to 2 kids and a pregnant wife it's a tad hard to stock up on the good miles
Looking forward to hearing your tales and stories and any help you can offer

Happy riding
Henshooter.shft.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the community Sean. we look forward to hearing more about your motorized bicycles. wife and kids are part of the good times, we look forward to learning from you and sharing ideas

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Welcome Sean,
Good to see other Aussies here.
It's a much more interesting/less bias forum than anything available in OZ.
How's the local Law in regard to your bike?
I have young kids also, so don't get much riding in, but the bikes help keep me busy while I'm 'watching' the kids.

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Welcome Sean,
Good to see other Aussies here.
It's a much more interesting/less bias forum than anything available in OZ.
How's the local Law in regard to your bike?
I have young kids also, so don't get much riding in, but the bikes help keep me busy while I'm 'watching' the kids.
Thanks Theon , the laws over here are fairly mild as long as you are responsible your usually ignored by the law anyhow
They recently increased the output to 250watts but that is set as a constant and we all know maintaining that power on a constant is near impossible
For me I've personally had a run in with the law but believe it or not for a good reason
They pulled me up ,inspected the bike and actually gave me a compliment on how I had the safety features of the bike set up such as the headlight (5000 odd lumens ) brake and tail lights and indicators , they asked me how fast I go and I showed the speedo average speed(46kph at the time) they did warn me however there was a set speed limit on multi use pathways of 20 kph and anything above this was breaking the law , as 90% of Victorian main thoroughfares have separate bicycle lanes with a set speed of 50 kph I was ok as long as I didn't use the pathways , one of them asked where I got the motor to which I replied " out of the classifieds " and that was it , a curious take care and off they went , I sometimes see them and get a friendly hello but that's it ,whereas a few neighborhoods over ( another precinct basically ) they apparently pick on moto bikers with heavy prejudice , not encountered in my neck of the woods and hope it stays that way

Out of curiosity what state do you live in

Regards Hens.shft.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I'm in the Daintree Rainforest, Far North Queensland.
I live rural and the local kids ride there dirt bikes and quads around here without much concern for the cops, I wouldn't be taking any of my bikes into town, but I did see one in town once, havn't noticed it for a while, I'd say he was told to leave it at home.
Still I have some nice empty (when there not hauling cane) long straights and windy bits around here, amongst the sugar cane farms and I have an 80Kph bike that I get out for a bit of fun on occasionally.