brake drum hubs

GoldenMotor.com

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
Hey Guys,
Going faster is fun, however, you gotta stop too! So, anyone running heavy duty rims with brake drum hubs on their frames.
I have these on my mopeds and 50cc motorbikes.
Happy Thanks..for giving!

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Worksman makes some good ones on strong wheels and 11 gauge spokes....a little wider than a similar offer from husky which have a good sturmey archer brake....both are around $120 I believe

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i've run dozens of drum brake hubs. old Atom hubs are the best, but hard to find and pricey.

make sure you secure the brake arm to the fork properly. i had one break loose, flipping me over the bars and landing me in the hospital.

seperated my shoulder which required surgery. also broke 3 ribs, 2 fingers and a wrist. 8months later and i'm more or less healed...

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
i've run dozens of drum brake hubs. old Atom hubs are the best, but hard to find and pricey.

make sure you secure the brake arm to the fork properly. i had one break loose, flipping me over the bars and landing me in the hospital.

seperated my shoulder which required surgery. also broke 3 ribs, 2 fingers and a wrist. 8months later and i'm more or less healed...
UGH! Not good Kemo Sabe!
Thanks for the comment.
Good to hear you've returned to normal.