Too much fuel, not enough air.

GoldenMotor.com

stonegrinder

Sep 29, 2013
Walla Walla
I am having similar issues with my Grubee 66cc set up. Running to rich and I'm running down the same path of trying to figure it out. I am going to try some of the suggestions given here and see how it works. Sorry to hear about the trouble you had to go through but I'm sure it will help the rest of us who have these issues.

stonegrinder

Sep 29, 2013
Walla Walla
So I have replaced the spark plug, plug wire & cap, new fuel (@ 30:1) & filters, and cleaned the carb, but am still not getting up to speed. It idles fine but can't get over 10-15 mph. I am cleaning the air filter, am letting it dry over night, and will oil it and try again in the morning. Is there anything else I could try?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
To lean the mixture in a stock chinagirl NT carb, move the needle circlip higher on the needle. This lowers the needle at any given setting and allows less fuel into the engine.
Lowering the clip on the needle richens the mixture, raising it leans the mixture.
If it's still too rich with the needle in the top slot, buy a smaller main jet.
If the engine runs great everywhere but four-strokes at full throttle, buy a smaller main jet.
Most of my china girl engines like the needle circlip in the second slot from the top with the stock exhaust.

stonegrinder

Sep 29, 2013
Walla Walla
I have a cns carb with no needle adjustment. I tried to lean it out with a smaller main jet but it didn't work. It runs great with the air filter off so I am thinking maybe cleaning the filter will work but not holding my breath.