How to make some serious bread!

GoldenMotor.com

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Good job MT! Those corn bread/muffin molds are the berries and cast griddle plates do steaks and burgers perfectly. If you can get the griddle to the point of glowing, then add coarse salt and real butter, have to work fast, slap on steaks for 1 minute first side and 1 minute on the other, slap on a plate, perfect medium rare for 1" thick rib eye. Hardest part is not eating two at a time. The trick is getting your grill plate hot enough before putting on the meat.

Rick C.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Great Invite Tom. May go to Oshkosh next year with my buddy who owns a house up there just for fly ins. He's intrigued with my bikes and I with his planes. He's a retired doctor so he's able to devote full time to aviation. He's also a great cook and has two kitchens in his house here, one just for big parties the other for daily use.

Give you a shout if that happens. Love to break bread with you, but prefer rib eyes which we keep on hand. Guaranteed not heart healthy just delicious.Salt and butter grilled steak is a century old south Texas ranch cook technique that has several seasoning options, but I prefer just the basics I mentioned.

Hope you guys thaw out up there, trees are mostly green here already, but grass hasn't started growing yet. I've ridden most afternoon's for a couple of weeks now.

Rick C.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Rick 1 degree this morn, trees are budding, sap is running, from the taps, but are about 20 degrees below norm. Another week it will be in the 50's so the frost should start to go, one thing I miss about the lake place is taping the trees, and the nice thick rich syrup..........SOUNDS LIKE A FUN TRIP........Curt

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Rick 1 degree this morn, trees are budding, sap is running, from the taps, but are about 20 degrees below norm. Another week it will be in the 50's so the frost should start to go, one thing I miss about the lake place is taping the trees, and the nice thick rich syrup..........SOUNDS LIKE A FUN TRIP........Curt
Curtis we have a lot of fruit trees here. Wild apricot especially bloom quite early and spring freezes often severely damage the production of fruit. I think this year no damage has occurred.

We have forecast for a couple of days in the low 90 degree for high temps. Then a few in the mid 50's up and down.

For those who bake and can fruit the wild "sand plums", cherries, apricots and pears are common in this area. Of course apple's and other cultivated fruits and berries as well. Much of the wild fruit goes harvested, sadly, as canning loses popularity.

I'd love to actually take part in tapping maples for syrup.

Good stuff!

Rick C.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yes I know use to go visit my brother in LA area, in early spring, come home in April. Lots of fresh fruit and the like there also.

34 gal. of sap to make one of syrup, I did just enough to keep us happy, couple pints to give away. Fun!.......Curt

Reactions: indian22

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Years ago Dad and I got the bright idea to tap the maples and cook down the sap on the kitchen stove.
Took Ma a week to get all the windows clean. They have been tapping down here for a couple weeks already.

Tom

Reactions: indian22