I try something different

GoldenMotor.com

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
I have intended to get my classic Schwinn cruiser with the Gru Bee powder coated, but in the process of fitting a Schwinn Stingray Japanese clone fork with a caliper brake and fender bracket, I decided to wire wheel the paint off the fender. WOW ! When I held it up to the light it looked like a sieve ! Not a candidate for sand blasting/ powder coating. All of a sudden Rustoleum sounds just fine. My first thought was dig through the shed for another fat fender. Then I remembered the stuff falling out the door, and forgot that. A new one cost money I don't have to spare. Next was the solder adventure. HA After acetoning the flux off, the next move was to stuff JB Weld on the bottom into all the holes light came through and then use it like surfacing putty on the top where there was surface pitting and minor pits. I was delighted to find that there is a body dolly in the cheapo set from HFT that fits the curvature of the fender perfectly. I may use the vibrating sander (hangar queen) if it still works.n KW :bike2:

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
My intent was to replace the blade fork on the Schwinn cruiser/Gru-Bee with a Schwinn clone spring fork with the redone fender and caliper brake. NOT TO BE The stem is way short and the frame stem tube is 5-3/4" long. I checked on my other (Stingray) fork on the 20" B&S /Schwinn and that frame tube is only 4". Oh well--I think I am going to start on that Indian leaf-spring thing I was talking about elsewhere. I might just settle for a modern plunger fork if I can find one I can afford.. I have the arms and small spring/shock units off some ancient Honda or Yamaha putt putt somewhere. They can be leading or trailing link They came, I think, off one of those sheet metal forks like Dream. Gotta think on that a bit. Now I guess I need to put the pseudo Schwinn springer to work somewhere.. Been kinda thinking about liberating the B&S model N from the 20" and doing something similiar to a Doodlebug scooter. I would like to use the WMB with the kickstarter on something too, but the starter peddle is always in the way behind the crankshaft.:ride2:

Trackfodder