Installing carb help & and throttle wiring

GoldenMotor.com

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix
I'm doing my first install. I have a 48cc skyhawk. I have 2 questions so I figured I should ask here before I break something or destroy my engine.
First question is what do I do with this tube? Do I leave it alone or do I connect it to something.

and my second question is wiring the kill switch. My throttle seems to not have one of those connector thingers...Sorry I'm not sure what they're called. Even if I am missing one of those connection things can I turn off the engine some other way? Like choking it until it stops?

Sorry for asking such basic questions. I'm just completely new to this.

Attachments

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Optimal wiring is to do this.

Black to black, blue to blue, one kill switch to blue and the other to black, then cap the white.

The hose you're talking about is the fuel overflow tube, just leave it alone. It'll prolly fall off and get lost, but don't worry about it.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
and my second question is wiring the kill switch. My throttle seems to not have one of those connector thingers...Sorry I'm not sure what they're called. Even if I am missing one of those connection things can I turn off the engine some other way? Like choking it until it stops?
Don't worry about the terminal end connectors. Cut them off, connect the wires, solder them (best connection), and wrap good, insulate with heat shrink or electrical tape. How I do it is slide a piece (shrink) long enough over the wire, wrap the wires together (not like a bread twist), solder and slide shrink over the bare wires and heat.