New guy from AZ

GoldenMotor.com

Brad AZ

Oct 3, 2014
Arizona
Howdy,

I enjoyed reading the threads, figured I should join and introduce myself. This is my second try at building a motorized bike. I had a kit before, but never got around to it, and PA laws regarding motorized bikes made my head spin. Fast forward to now - I moved to AZ, and while it has its own issues with the laws, I feel it's time to go ahead and finally do this. Still figuring out options, but most likely a 48cc 2 stroke kit on a 26" cruiser.

Thanks

Brad

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2010
Kingman AZ
Hi,
I live in Kingman and have just what you described. A 48cc on a mountain bike. The 48cc rocks since there are virtually no restrictions as far as licensing are concerned. It is a BICYCLE pure and simple. State law 28-2516 says it all. It does have a word about speed. it says 20 miles per hour limit BUT does not say whether this is only under power or at any time. I'll have to look for that answer. I don't know where you are but there seems to be a bit of bias towards motorized bikes in some towns. The regulars on the board can help you BIG time. Welcome aboard.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You will like the bike lanes in Tempe. You can ride them motorized if you keep the speed under 20mph.