Newbie Ebiker here

GoldenMotor.com

snellemin

Feb 4, 2014
Spring TX
I found this site while searching for 26 x 3" tires for my 53mph ebike that I put together. Lots of cool stuff to read here on this forum. One post pointed to the Coker Simplex tires that fit bicycle wheels.
Background is RC dragsters and speed run cars. It went over into 500W ebikes as a commuter and then 6000W powered ebikes. I'm mostly on RC-Monster and Endless-sphere forum.

Here are my bikes

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to our motorized bicycle community. great looking electric bicycles. I also ride electric and love them, look forward to hearing more about your rides

snellemin

Feb 4, 2014
Spring TX
Thanks Paul. The bike in the middle has gone through a few build stages before it ended up in a mid drive setup. That bike was the hardest one to put together. The moto bike is my latest one and goes pretty quick. The old school modified EVG bike at back was my main commuter to work.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
my next build I want to try a mid drive, I think it would be great to be able to use the gears, I am still researching on what to get exactly, I already have plenty of 48v battery's
zpt

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. i almost traded one of my motorbikes for one of those Iacocca e-bikes a few years back. It was 36v but didn't have disc brakes like yours.

snellemin

Feb 4, 2014
Spring TX
Yea the stock 36V brushed setup on the EVG wasn't fast enough. I converted it to a magicpie II motor and 12fet sensorless controller. Runs a max of 24s lipo and I maxed out at 49.6mph.