Guys HELP PLEASE!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com
Mar 31, 2013
RI
hey guy
just been online and have found the new motor and was wondering if anyone has had experience with it or knows anything about it?

http://www.mbbimports.com.au/2-stro...e-engine-kit-latest-innovation-and-design/108

also can i run it on Castrol Power 1 TTS , cheers guys :)
yeah man, i'm new around here too but i'm pretty sure that that kit you linked too is no different than the kits available on ebay for like $130.00USD.

...spend a few weeks studying on this forum and you'll be able to approach your purchase with a lot more information and therefore a lot more confidence.

peace, bozo

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Too much money for what is essentially identical to what you could find for 1/2 the price.
Maybe they're making up for shipping costs but I think if you do a little searching you'll find better deals. There's nothing special about that kit.
And welcome to the forum.

Tom

Groove

Nov 2, 2012
Lexington, KY
Cheers mate! You could get that cheaper, yes, but you can do that for your NEXT build because after you see how much fun this is you'll be addicted!

Welcome to the forum!!

darbyman

Apr 11, 2013
australia
ok guys i havent been compleley honest with all or you , the thing is i already ride motorised bikes, LOVE them and mod them to the max, the thing is sadly i destroyed my old one. i give a little low down, i bought a zbox 66cc engine kit, and from there on i ported the entire thing, carby intake, exhurst port, the exhurst, then got a slant head, hotter spark plugs umm and some more, i love it and it was great , but i didnt run her in properly and thing started going bad :(((((, i wont go into detail but honestly i rode it really REALLY hard, WOT everywhere i went, i was addicted to power, so i built my own expansion chamber, i think you guys would like to see it, i throw some pics up, i designed and build the entire thing at school, btw im 17 going to a tech school , anyway so after this motor gave up im now just looking for a new motor. sorry i just cramped alot of info into one.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
they say australia was first populated by criminals from england... so i can understand not being honest. but be careful they might send you back to england. you like WOT? get a morini or a ktm. dennis

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
OMG,,why and how are they getting so much $$ for these kits,only difference I saw was the throttle grip,upgraded carb,sticker on the primary cover,and maybe a little spray paint.I got my last two kits off epay for $139 free ship.I had no problems with missing parts or motors not working.I did hear if you have to get in touch with the seller for a return or warrenty service,,they are a bear to deal with,,so I pretty much just fix,and mod things myself.If your a handy guy epay is the way to go,,if not,,you may want to go through Bikeberry or somebody like that,,they carry a 6 mos warranty on the kit,, that's really good,,i would have a hard time giving a 30 day if I was selling these china kits without going over them...lol

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
First off, the listing he provided is Aussie, which means the $ amount is Aussie dollars, not American (not sure of the exchange rate, but their dollars might not buy as much as ours does). Second, the listing states it has RS 202 bearings. These are rubber sealed bearings, not the open face types common in most China Girls (the crank seals will last longer). Lastly, it comes with a 415 chain. My GT5 SuperRat kit only came with a 410 chain, which stretched & broke, as did the replacement chains I used until I switched to the more expensive, stronger 415 MOTORCYCLE chain. Even then, I've shredded the master link twice already. Maybe this is why it costs more, better parts. Sometimes the old adage is true, you get what you pay for.

In any event, with better bearings and chain, it sounds like it may lend itself to performance mods better than say, a cheapo $99 fleabay motor and survive long enough to last a season under full throttle.

My advice, run it as is - factory stock, for a couple gallons of fuel, break it in EASY (15-20 MPH) under double oil mix ratio (16:1) before you yank the jug & start porting it out, give the rings a chance to seat properly. Don't start slapping power parts on it immediately until it loosens up some. Perhaps it'll last long enough for you to graduate if you can keep 'your foot outta it'.

darbyman

Apr 11, 2013
australia
ahah good laught the bunch of you :D, cheers for all the advice , i went for the motor i showed and it arrived today, the guy i bought it off promised once run in 60km/h so im preety happy, im going to run it in on some really good fully synthetic race oil, i just got one other question with my old one because of the bigger jets i bought a hotter spark plug to burn all the fuel, a br5hs, now with this new motor it has a higher compression ratio , which i belive means it will be hotter so do i need the hotter spark plug or will the stock be fine? also if you run one of these in properly and look after it how many ks can you get out of one of these china girls?

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Quite a few if you take care of it,,and prepare the kit for use,here is a little list I came up with that will help.

Motorized Bicycle Riding Tips and Tricks

These motorized bike kits are manufactured in China with no or very little quality control.They are not very reliable out of the box,but steps can be taken for your new kit so it will last longer and give you much less trouble in the long run.

1.Make sure all your nuts and bolts are snug before riding,do not over tighten or you could destroy the hardware, hardware can always be upgraded to better quality like grade 8 head bolt studs,motor mounts and sprocket bolts.Take tools with you.

2.Let your engine warm up a minute before riding,,and make sure to use the proper gas/oil mix.16:1 first break in tank,then 32:1 second tank,there after 40:1 will work great,but 32:1 can be used if you feel like you need a little more oil for a richer tune.The factory recommends staying at 20:1 but that's just way too much oil for a 2 stroke and your wallet,,its solely up to you though.

3.Ride the bike under normal cruising conditions,don’t ride around wide open throttle everywhere,,THE MOTOR WILL NOT LAST LONG!!!
I would say you will be able to tell where the sweet spot is,,some bikes cruise 20-25 MPH nicely with no excessive vibration,all are different according to the sprocket gear ratio.

4.Make sure to pedal the bike up to speed so the clutch does not do all the work,,if you start out from a dead stop using the clutch all the time,,it will burn out the plate's and friction pads.

5.DO NOT RACE THE ENGINE DOWN HILL@HIGH RPM's,,if you are going down a large hill just take it easy,most Chinese motors will blow wrist pin bearings if over revved.If you want to coast pull clutch in on hills that’s cool otherwise just use the breaks and your own judgment keeping the bike at a normal cruising speed rpm.Going up hill it is fine to use wide open throttle.

6.Make sure to do periodic maintenance on the bike and kit.The wheel bearings need to be greased and checked once in a while along with tires and brakes.The chain tensioner needs to be checked for wear and kept tight as it could take a dive into the spokes if it comes loose.The chain should have 3/4”of slack in it and be oiled.The primary gears under the right side cover need to be greased with a pea sized dab of high temp grease once in a while.Dont over do the grease as the clutch could slip.
There are a lot of bikes with 10k miles on them,following these tips will help you.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg,get your thinkerin tinkerin prepared for its best...lol

Tom :)

Last edited:

darbyman

Apr 11, 2013
australia
tom thanks a heap man, ahha all of that is exactly what i didnt do for my first motor so hopefully by following this i will get alot more out of her, yeah im not to sure about the oil ratios, 20:1 seems way to oily and lean, i used to run it at 32 to 1 with crappy 7-11 oil hah , this time ill run the same but with race oil :)

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
It is preferable to run a rich oil mixture than too lean of a mix. Let me put it another way, which would you prefer: the time, effort and expense of replacing an oil fouled spark plug, or a new piston, jug & rings? Me, I prefer to err on the side of caution, I run 32:1 oil ratio, then splash just a lil' bit of extra oil in, plugs are cheap & easy to replace.

Groove

Nov 2, 2012
Lexington, KY
It is preferable to run a rich oil mixture than too lean of a mix.
There are some benefits to breaking in with a lot of oil, but only to a certain extent. If you add more oil you will actually LEAN the fuel/air mixture. More oil = less gas in the gas / air ratio. There are a few threads on this subject but I wasn't able to find them.

Based on what I've read, using 24:1 for break in then 32:1 afterwards is a solid plan (unless you've got a specialty oil like Opti).

darbyman

Apr 11, 2013
australia
sort of confused guys, i have seen so many ratios i dont no what to do, im buying this oil so what would be perfect for me to run it in and then normal?

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...TS-Motorcycle-Oil-4-Litre.aspx?pid=4458#Cross

also the motor im buying supposedly has a higher compression ratio, does that matter? iv already asked this on another thread but go no answers, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but on my old motor , with the normal compression, i had a bigger jet so more fuel went in so i used a hotter spark plug, no with my new motor with the higher compression ratio will i need the hotter plug or will it cause damage? cheers guys this is causing me a lot of confusion

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
That looks like good oil there,,
I would run it 16:1-24:1 for break in,,it will run real rich and four stroke(slobber)alot but thats ok,,after the first tank run it at 32:1,some guys run 50:1 or better while using a good grade synthetic,,I like the smell of my Castor Oil,,so I run 75%dino mixed with 25% Castor,for break in I use 50/50,,might need to tune it a bit if it needs,,by adjusting the clip on the main needle and plug gap.Also get a good plug for it like an NGK BP6HS gapped between .020"-.030".
Here is a list of some plugs that work good.

NGK BP5HS/Denso W16FP-U/Denso Iridium IWF16/Bosch
W8B/
W8BC/W8BP/Champion L92Y(not a big fan of champion plugs)
NGK BP6HS/Denso W20FP-U/Denso Iridium IWF 20/Bosch W7B/W7BC/
W7BP/Champion L87Y
NGK BP7HS/Denso W22FP-U/Denso Iridium IWF 22/Bosch W5B/W5BC/
W5BP/Champion L64Y
NGK BP8HS/Denso W24FP-U/Denso Iridium IWF 24/ Champion L61Y

NGK-BP5HS (is the hottest)
NGK-BP8HS (coldest)
I would run a BP6 or7 if your weather down there is really hot.
Hope it helps!

Tom :)

Last edited: