Motorcycle tire vs. bicycle tire

GoldenMotor.com

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
I found a 110 x 90 x 16 tire on sale so I thought what the hey. As the photos show, the tire has a larger diameter than the 4 1/4" OCC tire, 24" versus 20", making the rear tire match the front to eliminate the "Frankenstein" effect I got with the smaller tire. It adds a little weight but my 66cc Chinagirl has no problem hauling my heavy Stiletto around even with the heavier tire. The 4-ply tire rides a lot stiffer, but with the springer seat and springer front end I hardly notice. I hope to get considerably more mileage out of this new tire with no punctures..spr.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Scotto,
That fat rear tires looks great.
I was studying the photo showing the chrome chain guard that's made to look like an exhaust and wondered if you've ever thought about making a pipe that woulkd be hidden inside it, making it functional? Just a thought. It really doesn't need any help. Looks good as is.
Tom

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Great looking bike Scotto. Is that a TCI torque converter? Which predator are you running? I'm thinking you are racing in an open class.
Thanks Scootermeister, that's a GTC torque converter which is the same as the Comet. That's a 212cc powerplant with a few HP modifications......runs pretty strong. The Preds are pretty good clones of the Honda but don't have the versatility of most clones, part interchangability wise. They sill produce good power and more aftermarket parts are popping up every day for them.

dnut

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
Thanks, Maurtis, glad you like it. I am hung up on chrome because I'm a lousy painter and I was raised on a farm where rust is the enemy!!!! Scotto, I'm thinking about trying a torque converter and might have a question or two for you on setting it up. I understand that after you install them you have to make some critical adjustments in order for them to work properly. Sounds like you are happy with the big Predator, do you know if the smaller one is getting good reviews? I guess I should check out other threads. And, Tom, that's a great idea about re-routing the pipe behind the chainguard. The thick walled conduit I used is 3/4", so I'd have to check for enough clearance. The guard is actually a tunnel on top which is not that wide and the chain is there, so, it would be tight. Thanks for the idea .trk

Last edited:

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
I have been following the 99cc Predator builds since that engine is one I am considering for my next build, along with the Loncin geared Honda clones, and people seem to really love the 99cc Preddy. They claim it makes good power, pretty quiet, and reliable. All good things :)