Is it a 1943 Norwegen army bike?

GoldenMotor.com

muddybike

Jul 31, 2010
Calgary
Earlier this week, I was out shopping for a bike to strap my solex clone on to, I ended up @ a guys house with lots of old bikes.
He said this was a 1943 Norwegen army bike , to me its old heavy and bulletproof, Sorry for the crappy pics.

Sorry for the HUGE pics, so is it a 1943 Norwegen army bike , and how hard is it to find 28" tires?

Last edited by a moderator:

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Re: Is it what he said it was? Dialup beware

That looks awesome, I would love to see it with a torpedo style tank mounted under the top bar. Grats!

Did someone paint pretty much everything, including the crank and spokes, all the same color?

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana

Does it have one piece tubular tires, or a seperate innertube?

muddybike

Jul 31, 2010
Calgary

@ maurtis not sure , ya its all green but it didnt look like it was just spraypaint on all of it , I should have looked closer.

@ wayne z Yeah same answer here , I really didnt look that closely.

Maybe tomorrow i should wander down and take a closer look .

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana

@ maurtis not sure , ya its all green but it didnt look like it was just spraypaint on all of it , I should have looked closer.

@ wayne z Yeah same answer here , I really didnt look that closely.

Maybe tomorrow i should wander down and take a closer look .
If it has been spray painted, it is possible to carefully remove it with light solvents(lacquer thinner, acetone ect) and still retain the original paint and patina underneath. The antique bike restorers do this a lot.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol

If it has been spray painted, it is possible to carefully remove it with light solvents(lacquer thinner, acetone ect) and still retain the original paint and patina underneath. The antique bike restorers do this a lot.
goo-gone and Oops work good for spray paint. they are sold to get gum and sticker residue off of stuff, but works great on spraypaint. just get a rag wet with it, lay it down, wait a few minutes, and wipe it off.

leaded50

Oct 29, 2011
Norway
Hello, im trying to help......so dont kill me if wrong! The bagde would say a lot more,if its there.. As for the tires, the 700 series was very unusual in Norway, nearly everyone used a 26 x 2.00 x 1 1/2 baloontire, or the familiar 650B. Most parts was German, if not produced in Norway.
The guy ho has this shop/museum in Norway ( http://www.denrustneeike.no/ ) is the most knowing vintage bike expert in scandinavia, and also have a lot of parts for theese. If you could reach him, im shure you gonna get the right answer, and perhaps a great historytime about bicycling in Scandinavia/Europa.

The pedals seems to be the right type (many had a Union brand) steeing seems right...Swedish ones didnt had the flat middle part, was more curved...
DBS was the brand for the militarybikes in Norway, made by Øglend a/s

a pic of one original:

more

more

Last edited: