Just sayin Hello

GoldenMotor.com

Whozawhat

Jan 15, 2012
Canada
Hello,
Oh, I just thought I would check in and do the intro thing..

Name is Paul, I am a 49 year old aircraft engineer in Ontario Canada.
I have not been on a bicycle for more than a couple of short rides in the past 20 or so years. But I am now building a project to scoot me around outdoor car shows, races, etc.
I have built and owned many different motorcycles over the years, from show bikes to dirt bikes to mini bikes.
Usually for a winter project I would build a bike for myself or a friend but a few years ago I started something different. It's a custom VW project that can be found here if you have the time. The Wazabug Project - Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

But after completing the build and taking the car to different events I found myself doing too much walking, especially at the bigger two day events.
I decided I needed some small two wheeled transport to get around, nothing high speed as I have motorcycles for that, but interesting and unique.
It was time for a new project.
I started with a bicycle idea, it then needed a motor.
I soon found this forum and after reading alot I sourced out some parts to create my version of an early 1900's motor bicycle.
I am working towards a Maytag 72D powered, flat leather belt drive, modified Worksman INB. I have gathered almost all the major parts required to start the build.
This will not be a tribute to any specific brand of MC manufacturer but my interpretation of the style of the era. It will be done as an upright style of cruiser rather than the popular Boardtrack style as my back is not up to it anymore.
I will start a build thread soon, I need to fit it in with other prioities.
Keep watch for the "Maytag Flyer"

Cheers

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Welcome to the forum! And your maytag flyer will be very interesting. A guy by the name of buddfab on youtube made a bike with a maytag init, only he pop starts it

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
OMG... an enGineer!

:)

Well, welcome aboard, anyway! lol

just be cautious NOT to over-engineer ur mab project and u'll do just fine w/ear2ear grin and bugs in yer teeth. :)

ur off to a gud start w the maytag power...

I'll swing over to yer website in a bit.

Best
rc

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
i went and looked at yer thread on yer bug.
wow
u got talent
and perseverance!
Best
rc
best documentation i EVER seen on a bild!
we would be fortunate to have u here. IMO

Whozawhat

Jan 15, 2012
Canada
Welcome to the forum! And your maytag flyer will be very interesting. A guy by the name of buddfab on youtube made a bike with a maytag init, only he pop starts it
I have seen the Buddfab bike in both its early and finished stages, very nice.

I plan to "pop' start this as well, pedal the bike engaging the belt tension turns the motor and presto.

Whozawhat

Jan 15, 2012
Canada
Thanks everyone for the welcome,
Soon I will upload some stuff and get the build thread started and I will post pics for your review.

Ah ha, I see. So how are you mounting it into the frame?

(Probably should wate for the build thead but my intrest is peaked)
Charlie, I will use the traditional method,

or duct tape.