Running without the side plate (Side with the sky hawk logo)

GoldenMotor.com

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix
I'm adjusting my clutch and trying to fire my engine for the first time. While i was peddling my hardest in the heat of phoenix az while people laughed at my failing admits to get it going I gave up and shamelessly went into my house. While I was trying to fire my motor I left the side plate off and I was curious if it mattered to have it on or not.

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix
Hahaha, I would imagine that the left side plat would matter greatly. I'll troubleshoot it and figure what the probably is. Maybe I'm not getting enough speed to get it going, or the sparkplug is wet due to having a minor gas leak. Will choking the motor have any effect on getting the motor going? I thought it was for killing the motor.

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix
The clutch works perfectly. It's somewhat easy to peddle with it pulled back and locked into place and its pretty darn hard to peddle with it released.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I dunno what you got going on lol? Sounds like fun! Do you have gas gripping off the engine anywhere?

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix
No its all dryed off and everything. Maybe I flooded the engine. Hmm..lots of things that can be be the cause of this issue. Even through I haven't started the engine yet and been ****ing around with it for...days...I'm still having a lot of fun with this hobbie. Learned alot about motors, etc.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I was trying to verify if your carb float bowl was over flowing and in turn flooding the engine making it harder to start. Some of these motors never need the choke on to start them. Some do.

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix
I got it running! that was must awesome....but my chain came off...so I shortened it and but its still coming off im guessing my sprocket is off center.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Honestly, if your gasket around the clutch cover is in working order and sealing properly, it is my personal belief that it helps maintain pressure against the engine seal.

I know this because I was able to run on a blown seal with that side cover on. I took it off to test which seal was blown, and it wouldn't even fire. It only stands to reason that running without that side cover would put extra pressure directed toward the engine seal.

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix
Well fixed everything. That was a **** of a time getting **** going. The clutch was stuck, the spark plug was dead so i replaced it, the chain was a giving me ****, but I just got my hands dirty and did it. I could no express the feeling when I first rode it around my street after all these fail admits. Now my girlfriend wants me to motorized her bike....Here we go again.