My Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Naife

Nov 13, 2010
Adelaide
hey all. thought i might share some pic of my cruiser.

just a basic china 66cc.
will change to a nexus 8 speed and a SBP shiftkit soon.

in the background of the first pic is a bike track that runs 20km's all the way to work. it also interlinks with over a 100km's of other tracks right down to the coast. some fun riding.

fishguts

Sep 7, 2010
southeastern MA
Really nice bike with clean details. Good job!

Yeah I'm real jealous about the bike trails. Motorized bikes can't use any of the ones around here. And the trip to work? Not even safe in a car!

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Nice clean build.Very tastfull.Someone's gonna jump on you to put a half piece of pipe between your front clamp and frame,so the clamp doesn't damage the frame.Kinda anal but it will help!
Plus I don't mean to nit pick but you also might want to put Corbin Clamps on you gas lines,as they dry out the vibrations might make them start to leak!
Kip.
[email protected]

Naife

Nov 13, 2010
Adelaide
i allways welcome advice.
been thinking about clamps too.
only just managed to ride it to work the past 2 days.

sweet ride..

the frame is just a Mambo by Repco, cheapy from Big W.

Naife

Nov 13, 2010
Adelaide
well everything was just right finally and it all came undone on my way to work monday morning. the rear guard decided to spin around jamming the rear wheel at 50 dropping me onto the road. i fixed it up and continued on rather sore and bloody. got about 4kms and then the front guard decided to break its mount too and jam the front wheel at 40 sending me flying. luckly all that one did is sprain my wrists but the bike is destroyed.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Naife,
Sorry to hear about your accidents. Fender mounts giving way under vibration is common on many of the newer bikes. Some people do away with fenders completely for that reason and others go to great lengths to beef up the mounts to make them secure. One reason I like the older cruisers is they had fenders that were heavier and more secure mounts. Hope you can salvage the bike and heal up soon.
SB