Zoombicycles debacle

GoldenMotor.com

Ulysys

Apr 25, 2009
Spokane, WA
So here's the story:

I originally ordered the limited 49cc kit from zoombicycles. A few days later I receive an email from a Guy named Andrew from zoombicycles saying there was an error on the website, and they didn't actually have any in stock when I ordered. I was going to get my money back, but then decided to spend $20 for the Jet 80cc.

The following monday the motor shipped, and got to Spokane in 3 days, which is pretty nice, accept that my lot number for my address wasn't included in the shipping info, so it didn't show up at my house. I didn't feel like waiting an extra day for the motor, so I went and picked it up myself. 10+ miles later, I have the motor.

Then, when I open the kit, I discover it isn't the motor I had requested. Wrong muffler, no slant head. Then I looked closer. It's labeled as a 68.5cc, which is the correct size, but it doesn't actually match any kit on the site. All the 80cc motors listed have a 1.5 inch mount, yet this motor only has a 1.25 inch mount. It was also my understanding that these motors were supposed to have a metal plate with the engine info on it, but this one only has a sticker.

I seriously think this is a mislabeled or relabeled motor. I'm waiting for word back from the Andrew guy about what can be done about this. I just felt like warning everyone here, the experience has been an all around *****. And regardless of the outcome, even if I finally get the motor I was supposed to get, I do not recommend zoombicycles.

For my first experience getting a motor kit, this is terrible.

:-||

Ulysys

Apr 25, 2009
Spokane, WA
Ok, zoombicyles has redeemed themselves, and so has Andrew. I called them and talked to Andrew, and we figured out that the motor is one from their site, and is an 80cc, but a slightly older version that doesn't have the wider mounts. He also decided to send me a slant head to put on it and some extra engine mount bolts. Plus I don't have to pay the extra $20 dollars I owed for the bigger motor due to all the trouble I've gone through.

I'd still be a little wary about them, but Andrew really worked with me on this and helped get it all straight, and that seriously helped my mood :).

dance1

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
In the weird scheme of things 68.5 = 80 cc

PS better not to have the engine plate, makes the engine cc = anything you want to say it is like, 48cc which is nice and legal in AZ

Ulysys

Apr 25, 2009
Spokane, WA
yea, no engine plate is a good thing. If it had been there, I would have gotten a new sprocket cover, since I've seen pictures showing that as the location the plate is at. All this one has is a sticker, which is easy to remove.