waiting for the fedex guy

GoldenMotor.com

gnarlshark

Dec 23, 2008
Austin Tx
Hello, I'm gnarlshark and while sitting here waiting for the fedex guy to get here with my first kitI thought I would check out this site. I can see there are alot of people out there with all the answers for these bikes... in there heads. I have found it difficult so far to find ecxact answers by searching so I guess the thing to do is ask y'all. (yes, I'm from Texas and proud of it)
I ordered the RAW brand 80cc engine kit from bike berry and I need to know whether the bolts are metric or standard american. I've done looked around on the internet and it seems like all the 2-stroke "80cc" engines are pretty much the same i.e. from China. So I'll assume it's metric but I would like to Know for sure before I invest in quality tools.
Can anyone give me a for sure answer?

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
On my PK engine the intake,exhaust,clutch actuator, mag cover, clutch cover, motor mount, and I'm pretty sure the sprocket hardware are all the same. M6 x 1.00 thread. The head-jug studs are bigger but I don't know what they are as I have not replaced mine. Yet. I highly recommend using good quality replacement bolts for the intake, exhaust, and motor mounts at least. The kit supplied hardware is a joke. I have lock tited all my studs in and double nutted everything mounted to them with a lock nut on top and I haven't had any thing vibrate loose yet. This is amazing to me because my bike vibrates...alot.

I believe the good folks at sick bike parts are offering a hardware replacement package for these engines at what seemed like a good price. Something like twelve dollars if I remember correctly. They have an excellent rep for customer service and good products from what I've seen on here. Or you can make a big list and go to Lowes and dig through their bolt bins. That's what I did. If I had it to do again ( and probably will ) I'd just get the SBP deal.

I hope this helps a little. Good luck with your project and have fun.:ride2:

r6ajhash

Dec 29, 2008
port st.lucie,fl
Hi guys,I just wanted to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH i got my raw 80 motor from zone8 cycling yesterday.I opened the box like a kid in a candy store and to my suprise NO INSTUCTIONS.Fortunetly for me i had been searching the web for months looking for the right motor and behold i found this site.It is quite informative and everybody seemed very intelligent,with this in mind i put my motor on my (junky)bike in about 3 hours (using the dust cover mod,coaster brake mod).It was rather late when i finished it lastnite so i waited till this morn to try it out.After 15 min. of thinking about all the nightmares other people have had i said now or never jumped on it and peddled my silly but down the drive.Much to my amazement it cranked right up in about 15ft and idled fine.Now i'll buy a new chopper bike and remount it.I just really wanted to say THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY ON THIS SITE FOR ALL THE INFORMATION YOU PUT IN.because if you realize it or not it all helps..wee.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hi guys,I just wanted to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH i got my raw 80 motor from zone8 cycling yesterday.I opened the box like a kid in a candy store and to my suprise NO INSTUCTIONS.Fortunetly for me i had been searching the web for months looking for the right motor and behold i found this site.It is quite informative and everybody seemed very intelligent,with this in mind i put my motor on my (junky)bike in about 3 hours (using the dust cover mod,coaster brake mod).It was rather late when i finished it lastnite so i waited till this morn to try it out.After 15 min. of thinking about all the nightmares other people have had i said now or never jumped on it and peddled my silly but down the drive.Much to my amazement it cranked right up in about 15ft and idled fine.Now i'll buy a new chopper bike and remount it.I just really wanted to say THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY ON THIS SITE FOR ALL THE INFORMATION YOU PUT IN.because if you realize it or not it all helps..wee.
Congratulations! It's a good feeling when that little 2 stroker pops over for the first time, isn't it. Enjoy it, break it in right and it will reward you for miles to come. Keep posting and send us some pix when you get that chopper project completed.
Tom