Hey OC riders?

GoldenMotor.com

mikevkid

Mar 21, 2012
California
Hey I live in California... more specifically OC. I really wanna get a group ride going and maybe this would be a good thoughts. any riders in oc??

Ride on

.xx.
.shft.
.wee.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
lots of us. i'm in midway city. we just had a small group ride over to the 2 stroke extravaganza in garden grove on sunday. shoulda been there.

we should put together another one soon. the biggest set back is some places (like newport beach and huntington,) sometimes aren't the most motorbike friendly places to ride.

there's LA rides all the time, just stay tuned to the forum...

Double_Bogey

Oct 17, 2012
HB CA
Hey Baird and Mike...I live in Huntington, would love to meet up and ride some day. I ride to sunset beach and down Goldenwest to PCH often and havent gotten hassled so far.

Anyways safe riding I am down to meet up sometime!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Just be careful where you ride down in OC... About a year ago, Neil (MotorBicycleRacing) hosted a big 'OC' ride with a very large number of riders, & he led all the riders into a area where most of the riders were rounded up by local motorcycle cops & issued tickets for everything the cops could find! :(

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i seem to remember that, being i was the chase truck and neil [never met him before] was in charge that i could see. all the guy's who stopped in sunset went home uncited. but the H.B. had a field day on most everyone they could get. lesson learned the hard way. thus began the friendship of the race promoters....

vintagebiker

Nov 12, 2011
Southern Calif.
Yes, as a life long resident of OC we have always known that many cops in the beach cities have Nazi mentalities.
Maybe we could find some inland back roads to have a ride on .

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
yeah, i thought it up, but my idea was just to get on our bikes and ride from this place to that place over there and back. somehow along the way it got "organized."

weird thing though, is i ride to HB all the time. i've ridden down main st. alongside motorcycle cops on an unlicensed bike.

the company i work at is in HB, albiet inland more, and i ride there at all different hours, like 4am after working all night, and have never once been stopped. even with an expansion chamber buzzing along at 45mph down Goldenwest. at 6 am.

i rode my maroon cruiser (which has a plate, lights and a mirror) that tops out at 45 down to the beach a few weeks ago and stopped in the same parking lot we turned around in for a smoke, and the cops were having some exhibition or something, and there were about 100 of them.

not one of them bothered me.

OC's not as bad as you LA guys think. a plate and a helmet are usually enough to keep the cops off your back. unless they're having a bad day, or there's 30 people smoking up PCH on annoying little bikes...

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
That was a fun ride. the first time i met most, all of you and able to put faces with names. I remember meeting Norm, Jeff at the bar on the way back. I haven't had any issues with the police either, but i don't ride on the streets as much as others

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
a motor cop's job is to issue ticket's, a parking meter ticket girl is the same. or they lose their job. same go's with the CHP. 2 guy's in a car are looking for crimes and wont bother you for the most part. but like blood in the water things will go wrong. and theirs always at least one barney fife maybe more. let's not forget the badge heavy jerk that wants to be plain clothes but will never be. no one likes him. for the most part the older they get the better they are. just doing their job. PIG'S... the new white meat.

Last edited:

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
I was riding my bike down the street today making sure it it was running okay and a cop car turned the corner . I just cruised by them and the driver waved and gave me the thumbs up weird. On the same street I got pulled over about a year ago and had guns pulled on me and searched. Just shows you some cops are cops and some cops are pigs.