Morini-quality Chinese 2 Stroke

GoldenMotor.com

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
Oh friggin please!, that's ridiculous.

This seller is just trying to maximize his profit, its greed, nothing more, he most likely bought a bulk pallet of engines and is trying to make a fast buck on the California buyers.

I've been motorizing bicycles since 1973, back in the day there were no kits, you used a Brigs And Stratton, or a chain saw engine.
There was no SPB or any other after market manufacturers.
You made EVERYTHING yourself.
What is it now? 5 to 7 years were the china girl got popular in this country?
5 years ago when i started getting into the forums, you could pick up a "quality" 2 stroke kit (and i use the term loosely) for around $120.00.
Now there up to around $179.00 and its still the same
(insert expletive here) product. This cost increase just reflects the rising costs of shipping, fuel and energy costs and probably a minor raise in payroll at those Chinese factory's.
The money isn't being spent on R&D on the china end of things ill tell you that for nothing.

We could all go 4 stroke, but those are getting even more expensive, id rather have a good quality Japanese Honda 50cc than a Chinese clone of one.

We COULD stop buying Chinese altogether.... hmmmmm

Any one for a less expensive Li Po battery? Id go all electric today if we had that.

I'm tired of the disposable moniker that we have slapped on the china girl Hts and then having to PAY to de bug these little Asian hand grenades.
Just my opinion.
FR

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
Yes, so would I. Even the term 'clone' is misused, pulled DNA to make an exact duplicate. They're not clones. they're cheap copies.
I stand corrected on his non vendor in Calli status.
To many resellers purposely buy bulk pallets of questionable quality china dolls to sell in that market.
I refuse to get into the legality of such practices, but this is just another case of the government sticking its big rusty nose were it doesn't belong.
The way I look at it, asking over 3 bills for a standard straight plug head HT 66cc china doll engine kit
(non GT5R, never mind Morinis! pfffft! as if! )is highway robbery, for that kinda $$$?
Spend the extra $150.00 bucks or so and get the Honda and a mounting kit and do it the old school way-
BUILD IT YOUR SELF!
When they came out I gambled on a pallet of a dozen GT5R kits on the hunch that they would sell out fast and disappear, which they did, I had to keep 2 for parts just in case and I doubled my money which is the best any bike shop can hope for these days.
But these were special engines, they had alot of bugs to work out, it took extra work to actually get them tuned in properly so I wasn't selling my customers what I like to call a "RAW" (no relation to RAW motors) engine that needed work.
They got VALUE, mechanical dependability and future tech and maintenance support.
This guys trying to sell a pig in a poke.
I put at lest 5000 miles on my GT5R/centrifical clutched/shift kitted/Dell Ortto carbed and exp. pipe fitted set up this past season, it was the prototype, and thank god its running like a champ, it gets 95 MPG hauling my big behind around and thats on NYC streets, ALL stop and go traffic.

I still wanna see reasonably priced, high power, LiPo battery packs, that don't cost your first born child and a turn at the Missus...
As consumers in whats really one of the only expanding markets these days-
(Alternative cheap transportation, thats non polluting or fuel thrifty, funny how we cant seem to have both, isn't it?)
We need to demand more for our money from the manufactures and dealers/resellers.
If I don't give MY customers the right price, they don't buy from me...Hence I cant buy from the suppliers, this means everyone looses out eventually.
DEMAND MORE or buy someplace else that will give you a deal.
I know im straying off topic here, my appologies to the thread starter and the MoDs...but I get serious about the hobby/sport/art/business of ours and I hate to see it get a black eye from out and out profiteers that offer no benefit to the sport.
Just my opinion.
FR

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Title says ''Morini-quality Chinese 2 Stroke''... well myself after owning and installing a few ''Happy Time'' two smokes then putting well over 6k miles on Morini's . IMHO No such thing..it don't look like any time soon more especially for the H.T.

For a vendor to hike up prices on a H.T. to me is pure folly.

A ''Happy Time'' motor can be cleaned up to be a great motor tho!..I will personally never think of these two in any way as one and the same engine.

The H.T. is archaic in it's design. The M. is state of the art very well proven and designed in RACING environments. While they will both get you there... One is WAY more durable! They are not the same motor.

After in my opinion ya clean up an H.T. it's still an archaic design. Many coming with terrible balanced cranks. The now famous warping slant head. Slipping clutches etc. When I think about it the list goes on..