The Whizzer Experiment

GoldenMotor.com

Atlanta CPR

Aug 29, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I have been bitten by the whizzer bug! I bought a 1999 whizzer, I fell in love with her. My whizzer seemed hard to fix with my limited "Mechanical Skills", and lack of tools to work with. So, I bought a MTB with a PK 80 from a friend. The Pk 80 MTB is well built by a Motorbicycling.com fellow member. But, I REALLY LOVE MY WHIZZER! I tried to convince myself to sell The Whizzer, but, I love her. When she talks, I hear every word that she says. And, I can't get her (The Whizzer) out of my mind. As, you all know whizzer parts are scarce. So, I consulted with The Whizzer experts. Helmutt told me to get some tools, I got them. Quenton told me how to use the tools, I took it apart. My whizzer is undergoing a super secret experiment by The Whizzer expert. I hope that "The Whizzer Experiment" works. I want a bullet proof fire breathing whizzer with a cool PHOENIX BIKEWORKS WHIZZER CHASSIS !
Thanks guys!!!! .wee.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
right on! i was watching the sale and i wanted it too. good luck with the build and be forewarned [?] hot rod whizzers go fast. so make sure your bike is up to the task! spend the money it's cheeper than the ECU or worse. ride like the wind dennis oh and if you change your mind...

Last edited:

Atlanta CPR

Aug 29, 2011
Atlanta, GA
right on! i was watching the sale and i wanted it too. good luck with the build and be forewarned [?] hot rod whizzers go fast. so make sure your bike is up to the task! spend the money it's cheeper than the ECU or worse. ride like the wind dennis oh and if you change your mind...
Thanks , I'll kept you posted on the progress.

Atlanta CPR

Aug 29, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Spoke with Quenton today! He is positive that The Whizzer Experiment will save thousands of whizzers. I just can't wait to ride my Whizzer again. Thanks Quenton!
.shft.

Atlanta CPR

Aug 29, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I stay in constant contact with Quenton about the Whizzer Experiment. He found a Blown head gasket, and a Cracked head. He has done quite a few things to the cylinder and new head. I know that he's working hard and long, but, I'm still nervous and hopeful.

The plan!

Make the valve seats stay in the WC-1 cylinder.

Thousands of dollars and thousands of hours invested by the best mechanics in the USA attempting to solve the problem.

We tried roll pins, valve seat tools, "peening", screw in seats, wedged seats, over size seats, sleeve bonding liquids, heating the cylinder-freezing the seats, etc, etc, etc.

I managed to trash over 40 cylinders in the process [not funny at $130.00 each dealer price], purchased massive amounts of helicoils, gaskets, custom pistons, heads, and a large amount of speciality tools [mills, lathe, compression gauges, infra red sensors, tachometers, torque wrenches, etc] in the quest.

I had one last idea, but Whizzer introduced the NE cyliner and the WC-1 seat issue could be solved by upgrading the cylinder. Sadly the motors are now out of production, and the only parts left are mostly "take-off" parts from the last bikes produced. And none of the current heads will fit the earlier Whizzers [center located sprak plug hits the frame].

Here are a few pictures of the latest attempt to keep the WC-1 alive.

Have fun,

Attachments

Last edited:
The Plan part 2,

Drill small holes adjacent to the valve seats in the WC-1 cylinder. Have the holes intersect the seats at approx. 90 degree angle. Have at least 2 contact points per seat. Thread holes with 10 x 24 tap. Install long set screw in each of 4 holes, coating each with hi-temp sleeve retainer liquid. Tighten firmly. Re-cut valve seats, lap valves, and liquid test.

Pictures will show the process.

Hopefully this will keep the seats in place, if not maybe a slight tightening of the set screws will make them secure again. Only time & testing will decide if this is a sucess or another failed attempt.

Have fun,

Attachments

Last edited:

Atlanta CPR

Aug 29, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Well, my WC1 has undergone the Quentonization Process. It's on way to me in the mail. I'll keep you all posted on the progress. I'm hoping to go for a ride with Cannonball2 to test out my bike.

Keep us posted for sure, as we need to know if this idea works. I sent your original head & gasket so you can see where the head was cracked and the gasket was blown. It was amzing it was running at all with so much compression leaking out everywhere. I also advanced your camshaft and set the lifters correctly.

Also a little more good news....... because I used hex head bolts to hold the rear of the cylinder to the crankcase [replacing the long studs on the early 1999 models], it was necessary to remove the flywheel to allow the left rear bolt to be tightened with a wrench. It was a "good thing", because the bolts holding the alternator to the crankcase were loose, and the alternator would have "self-destructed" when it hit the moving flywheel. If I hadn't removed the fywheel and noticed the loose plate, it would have stopped running in a very few miles.

Looks like you are very lucky.

Have fun,

Atlanta CPR

Aug 29, 2011
Atlanta, GA
OMG!!!
I got the motor back today, and put my bike back together!
I rode it today!
After The Quentonization Process, my 1999 Whizzer is much stronger and twice as fast! Quenton told me to ride it to death. I rode for a few miles It's so fast that it's scary to ride.
I'm almost ready for my Helmutt Bike transformation.
Thank you Quenton!!

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I shipped Quenton my 99 Whizzer last fall. We went to visit Quenton & Donna & picked it up in early spring. The 99 really runs now. I've had it over 50 mph. You'll have lots of fun.
Jay

Atlanta CPR

Aug 29, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I've put about 20 miles on my WC1 motor, since it went through The Quentonization Process. Quenton told me to seat the valves by riding 25 MPH, then 35 MPH, then 40 MPH, then 45 MPH, and so on in five MPH increments. I can't lie, it's hard to go slow now.

The process of changing the speed during the intitial break-in procees is to seat the rings & piston to the cylinder. Doing this correctly will make the motor run better as it will reduce crankcase pressure, and reduce over-all operating temperatures.

Have fun,

Atlanta CPR

Aug 29, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Wow, It's really hard not to unleash the dragon. What I'm saying is, it's hard not to go full speed. But, I have to follow instructions. Thanks Quenton!!!