illinois/chicago riders

GoldenMotor.com

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
whats happenin everyone, just wanted to let people know, tonight tues sept 6th, they are havin a cruise night and meetup at the tilted kilt in oak lawn @ 95th and ridgland(narragansett). should be a good turnout, tryin to get as many motorized bikes as possible showin up at these car,bike shows. its from 6 pm - 9 pm. if ya can make it, come on out

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
whats up guys, just wanted to let people know, this saturday sept. 10th, its the route66 car and bike show, located on ogden ave. just east of harlem ave in berwyn. bring your bike and lets get a little motorbike scene goin. so far there are three of us showin up. even if you cant bring your bike, just make it there. its always a great turnout.show starts at 7 am and usually runs to around 5 pm Location:
On Historic Route 66 (Lawndale)
3800 W. Ogden Ave.
Chicago, IL 60623

Last edited:

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
also, they are having a september 11th memorial car and bike show at the tilted kilt in chicago ridge ( 95th ad ridgland) hosted by showcase classics.if ya can make it, do it. rock on guys, show goes from 9-5

Last edited:

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
thought id throw this in there too, sunday october 1st. @ chi town harley davidson they are having a bike show,located at 179th and lagrange rd. . this is always a good turnout too, and how kool would it be to have a bunch of mb's rollin in. show starts at 9 am. be there bike or no bike, rain or shine, weather its 40 or 90 degrees, the more the better

smemo666

Jun 20, 2011
Chicago
Hi Tommyboy,
Thaks for the invitation and friendrequest.
I will do my best to show up on saturday at route 66. I just sold today my first build but I'm starting a 2nd one with a Felt Twin. Don't know if I'll be able to make it to any event with it this year because, I'm trying to make the frame tank as well and I have no much of idea in how. but if I finish it on time I'll be there to show up with you guys on the next events.

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
whats up again fellas, anyone wanna ride in chicagoland or from the suburbs?or u guys just like parkin em in the garage? post here if its in your blood, pretty soon its gonna be like 40 below so lets ride!!!!! seriously lets get somethin goin, we dont need hot sunny days, just look at these cali guys, they are always meetin up,postin,plannin,ridin, whats in chicago? nothing i ride like a hundred miles a day and instead of having someone to ride with all i get is "the look" and the billion questions per block to go with it-lol

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
I'm ready to roll ,but cash and time ain't on my side!!! Hopefully going to jefferson WI to ride this weekend .
I know what you mean tho I can never get more then about three guys to show up when I plan something . Deff need to have a rally somewere before the snow flys plus my bike loves the cold air even if i don't

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
alright shop dogs, good to finally hear from ya,i hear ya on the cash situation, however i have the time. i checked the forecast for this week, rain should be clearin up after wedsday, and it will be a little bit on the cool side but that dont bother me none.i was thinkin about comin up towards you guys, yous have all the better riding routes out by you guys as im in the city and its chaos everywhere i go. its about 50 miles from midway to waukegan so i may ride up there or may throw the bike on the rack, but either way i been wantin to go up north just because of the open roads and less traffic and congestion. also u guys have kool bike paths and chill sites up there, i been thinkin about makin a kustom little trailer for the bike and packin up my tent and a couple other supplies and takin like a week adventure, just campin out takin a few pictures here and there, ya know, enjoy the GREAT OUTDOORS!!-LOL. but anyways, let me know, ill shoot out by you guys and try to convince a buddy to come also. i just wanna ride. i posted on your profile a message, you were sayin somethin a while back about a motorized bike path from illinois to wisconsin with a tavern at the end of the bike trail? anyways hit me back on here, and any of you other illinois guys join in....

JRock21584

Mar 5, 2011
Chicago
Yea I'm like 16 min south of waukegan... We should try and meet up one of these days! These bikes are my only forum of transpo though :-( so I can't go to far....

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
if you guys get some sort of gathering set up, let me know! i would be down for a road trip and weekend cruise. I am only a few hours west. and nobody over here is riding!dnut

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Now thats dedacation !!! I can't even get the ten guys who all live within a few miles to show up for our regular sunday ride. It's starting to get frustrating !
I'm up for a rally somewere around here this fall , the warm wont last ,letts plan something....

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
Anything going on this summer? I'd like to go to a group ride or event. Not many of us in Chicago, but maybe enough for a race? I wonder why mbs are so popular in SoCal, and not Chicago.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Im in ... But better plan it now and tell everyone in north america if U want people to show? There is a club in chi town (or was) called the backpeadlers and there are about 30 people from the area that ive meet or chated with via the forum ,so there out there.
Imo there are three basic types of events ,rallys ,culb 2 club run ,and the pigyback. Club 2 club is the easyest to pull off and the rally prob the hardest to do. The good thing about pigyback is there are already people heading to the main event. And that helps spread the word about mb's in poss. Light.

So figure out what sounds right and lett me know ,Ill back it and be there!
Me ,I was thinking right before or after 9/11/12 (tue) Perhaps the weekend before 9/8-9/12. With a rain date of the weekend after? Far enough out to lett people plan ?

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
what up what up - shop dogs, we need to ridde now, not in 3 feet of snow-lol get your ass out, i posted all the weekend events in chicago riders where are you? tread in events section like here. check it out, wipe the cob webs off your bike and head out, and if theres anything goin on up by you let me know, and anyone else that pays attention.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I am planning on taking a 42 mile round trip cruise from London Mills, Illinois to Wolf Covered Bridge over by Gilson, Illinois. The road would be 21 miles of paved quiet country blacktop the whole way and here in a few weeks the trees should start turning and make for some great eye candy. Anyone interested in riding along...feel free to contact me. The Spoon River Scenic Drive is the first two weekends of October and I am still considering doing some type of cruise one day of one of those weekends.

If anyone wants to check out my Wolf Covered Bridge trip route on google earth, I will be heading north out of London Mills on County Hwy 39 to Bridgeport Road. Then there are a few paved blacktops that wind north until you get to County Hwy 20. I will follow that over to Maquon, Illinois and continue east on Co. Rd 20 until I reach 1900 E Knoix Rd and then thake that up to County Rd 17 which takes you to the Wolf Covered Bridge. Be a real nice cruise I think.

Attachments

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.
Hello Chicago riders!

We need help for our USA relay ride!

Please look at the threat (link posted below)!!

We are sending one of our bikes around the country!
And you could ride it!!!

Check it out!!!