Clutch question on a Staton TLE 43 kit......

GoldenMotor.com

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
Not sure if this is the right section, if it belongs somewhere on the site...Mods, please feel free to move it to the correct section.....anyways, here is my problem.

I am replacing the centrifugal clutch on my Staton friction drive kit, when I removed the old clutch, the washers underneath the clutch and the washers on top were all disintegrated. I tried using regular washers but after I reinstalled everything and tried to take it on a run, the clutch wouldn't "hook up"...it slipped rather badly.

My question....is there a particular kind of washers I need? I tried emailing Dave Staton twice, but he didn't reply......makes me wanna go with "That's Dax" for all my future purchases...at least those guys return my emails.

I also bought 2 throttle cables supposedly made for my particular kit from him that didn't fit....but that's another story.

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
The spacers under the clutch shoes are spring steel with a slight bend in them to keep the shoes positioned and without chatter, I'm confident replacements could be improvised.

or

You can try calling Staton.
Also, I know Rob at Dimension Edge http://bikemotor.com mentioned once to me he had them but I didn't need any so I cannot say how much.

hth

Last edited: