EASY MEASURING for 100:1 mixing

GoldenMotor.com

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
AMSOIL How in the AITCH E DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS do you measure out 1.38 oz.???

I HAD been using a "shot glass" I got at ACE hardware which included many measuring criteria printed on the sides, cc's oz. "s tablespoons, etc

and that was FINE till it BROKE in my tool bag!

It turns out the lid from a Gillette FUSION shave gel container holds exactly 1 fl oz. And the 2nd marking up from the bottom the side lines up with .38 oz

FURTHERMORE

These seasoned spiced meat basting products in a 16 oz jar that come with a syringe and injection needle...the syringe holds almost exactly 1.38 oz (within 3/16" of the top)

AMSOIL is great ! 100:1 bike seems to run smoother and faster

yodar

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
You could measure by weight. 100:1 is 1% of a gallon or any other amount. If you have an empty Amsoil container and an unopened Amsoil container with a stated volume and a digital scale you can figure out what the oil weighs by volume. If you determine that Amsoil weighs .8(not known, just example) oz. per fluid ounce and you want 1.32 fluid ounces, than you would take the scale and measure out 1.056 = .8 * 1.32 . Cheap digital scales are accurate to .1 gram and an ounce is about 28.1 grams, so in this example, you'd meausre out 29.64 grams. Dont forget to determine the weight of the container.

It's very easy to do it this way. No eyeballing volume ticks where miniscus or parallax or even gravity can cause error.