Stolen Motorized bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Purple girls frame modified to hold a happytime framemount engine

Over the weekend the metal post that my OLD Motorized bicycle was chained and padlocked to was cut in half.

My purple and white Wallmart bike has an old kings bushing engine white front suspension forks.
Two brand new kenda whitewall 26 inch tires with no mor flats tubes.
Tractor style seat with glued on orange reflector.
Black front rack, and black folding rear rack.

This engine is extremely hard to start first start of the day.
I do not think the thief can start it is so old LOL.

It was almost ready to be replaced .
Worn out
I actually am angry about the wheels, seat, and baskets.

I have a gp460 with a rackmount transmission and double freewheel is almost ready to replace it.

The theft attempts are getting bad here.
A Gp 460 bike with cvt had so many theft attempts in broad daylight I keep it inside and don't even take it shopping.anymore.
They did not cut the locks they cut the steel pole it was locked to.

Bull head city Arizona.
Across the Colorado river from Laughlin Nevada.

P.S. the engine has chunks of timing belt glued between the fins with red permatex.
The clutch cover has black carpet glued on to silence the noise.
The exhaust is a cut up set of handlebars with an ACE hardware muffler screwed in place with a 3/4 inch Galvanized coupling. The exhaust exits at the back edge of the rear wheel.
Very loud and does not sound like a two stroke engine.

Last edited:

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
Re: Sad to say I got hit. Does this fourm have a stolen bikes section.

I could not find it and posted in the Tavern.

Sorry about your MB Bro, Our good ridin Buddy, "Coontail manny" Got hit yesterday. His MB was in under his patio with locked automatic sliding gate and tall block wall, some young gansters hopped over and handed bike to another person. I hope they won't be able to start it, or at least eat crap on it. Gotta keep these things buttoned up pretty good, people are noticing them bein everywhere..xx.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
That really sucks Spad, definitely will keep an eye out for. Be sure to watch craigslist just in case someone tries to sell it.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

Like to set up one so that when they rip it off from the store no one knows who owns it and you hear about the explosion on the news because they tried to start it.

Steve.

turtle tedd

Jul 18, 2009
florida

I have always liked razor blades in certain locations for all types of theft deterant..you want it your gonna bleed a lot for it.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona

bike thieves should be hung from the nearest stout branch !!!
that's how they used to deal with horse thieves

Sep 4, 2009
Texas

Now days you'd get sued for bobby trappin with razors better aproach is motion detecting camera with night vision. Best is a good barkin dog.

yamahonkawazuki

Mar 17, 2010
Clinton Tn

I could not find it and posted in the Tavern.

Sorry about your MB Bro, Our good ridin Buddy, "Coontail manny" Got hit yesterday. His MB was in under his patio with locked automatic sliding gate and tall block wall, some young gansters hopped over and handed bike to another person. I hope they won't be able to start it, or at least eat crap on it. Gotta keep these things buttoned up pretty good, people are noticing them bein everywhere..xx.
M8 im sorry, this concerns me cause people everywhere are notincing mine, and many know wher ei live. although my bike sticks out like a sore thumb so it would be difficult to hide anywhere

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

Now days you'd get sued for bobby trappin with razors better aproach is motion detecting camera with night vision. Best is a good barkin dog.
Not only that - but should the criminal decide to not take the legal route you may well get firebombed or something else equally as interesting as "revenge".

I'm so glad I don't live in the city nomo ;)

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

As I mentioned, you leave the bike at a mall or chained to a fence some where that is not tied to you. Old bike, scrap motor, no ID.

Steve.

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ

Do you have a picture for ID? I haven't done it yet but I'd recomend the national bike registery:

I am hearing more and more MAB riders bikes being confiscated for no proof of ownership by Tucson Police department. It's there way of hitting below the belt and getting us MAB riders off the street.

I just wanted to pass on that I have registered my bikes at National Bike Registry - Prevent Theft: Register your bike in the NBR Database!

They will send you a Certificate of Registration and a tamper-resistant NBR label to identify your bike.

# $10 will cover a bike for 10 years.
# $25 will cover a bike for 30 years.
$25 Family Registration will cover up to 5 bikes at a single address. Each bike is registered for 10 years.

You can even register scooters as well.

The Tucson Police Department and the University of Arizona uses the National Bicycle Registry National Bike Registry - Police Members

So that tells me that registering your Bike with them should be sufficient proof of ownership.

.flg.

yamahonkawazuki

Mar 17, 2010
Clinton Tn

As I mentioned, you leave the bike at a mall or chained to a fence some where that is not tied to you. Old bike, scrap motor, no ID.

Steve.
engrave it in some way shape or form, OR paiunt on it " stolen from " your neme" i wrote this on the seat tube ( which goes inside frame ;).duh.